AMD Bulldozer CPU comparisons

keynes

Multiverse Poster
Definitely do that :D As for the motherboard you suggested, as I have NO clue about them, will it bottleneck anything? Only asking as I've heard from posts and such that sometimes the motherboard has been the problem in performance issues. You've probably put a high end one on that order but I don't have a clue!:eek:

No bottleneck there, that is a good motherboard that will allow you to SLI.

Enzyme

Bronze Level Poster
Awesome stuff, all set :) Can't wait to have a go at the S.T.A.L.K.E.R games..they look brill!

Buzz

Master
Awesome stuff, all set :) Can't wait to have a go at the S.T.A.L.K.E.R games..they look brill!

I have stalker. Tried using the gamepad with it. Didnt go to well. Am not a keyboard and mouse gamer. If the game cant run with my rumblepad 2 then I dont play it regardless if good or not. lol Yeh im stubborn.

Enzyme

Bronze Level Poster
Just a quick question on the i5 3570 CPU processor...is it worth going for k version of this or will i not benefit from anything?

Thanksss

keynes

Multiverse Poster
Just a quick question on the i5 3570 CPU processor...is it worth going for k version of this or will i not benefit from anything?

Thanksss

If you want to overclock go with the k version, you would need to get a better cpu cooler. Overclocking the cpu is really not needed for gaming.

Enzyme

Bronze Level Poster
Do you think it would be worth the extra sum for the k version just for future preference if I ever wish to experiement? Its just i saw this from another forum when i was researching the i5-3570 vs i5-3570k:

Yes it has a free multiplicator but the thing is the k has no vt-d: http://www.computerbase.de/artikel/p...-ivy-bridge/6/
see the table.

I don't know what it means lol

keynes

Multiverse Poster
Can't find a table in your link, experiment with what? Overclocking? If it only for gaming you can go with the i5-3570. You can look at benchmarks to see how it performs. For applications that are more CPU intensive overclocking the CPU would bring benefits.

Enzyme

Bronze Level Poster
Well i tend to dwell into programs that are quite intensive but if the i5-3570 a lone without overclocking will be more than enough, then obviously I'd see no point in buying it. I just worry a lot that upcoming program releases may need better components..but then again I'm not a computer genius which is why Im asking for all the advice possible. But on the other hand I can always upgrade in the future can't i?

keynes

Multiverse Poster
Well i tend to dwell into programs that are quite intensive but if the i5-3570 a lone without overclocking will be more than enough, then obviously I'd see no point in buying it. I just worry a lot that upcoming program releases may need better components..but then again I'm not a computer genius which is why Im asking for all the advice possible. But on the other hand I can always upgrade in the future can't i?
It depends on the programmes you are planning to use, if you are not sure then I wouldn't get anything more expensive than the i5-3570. VT-d is to do with intel virtualisation technology
http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-virtualization-technology-for-directed-io-vt-d-enhancing-intel-platforms-for-efficient-virtualization-of-io-devices/
You can upgrade parts such as GPU, adding more memory, replacing CPU, etc... but I doubt the i5 would struggle with most future game releases.

Enzyme

Bronze Level Poster
Ohh sweet. Just fine tuning my picks now before a final order. I've noticed the 8GB Kingston Genesis 1866mhz isn't really that much of a price increase compared to the cheapest 8GB, so i'm just wondering would it be worth the little bit of money towards it? I know in gaming it wont really have much effect...but if it will speed up my daily computer tasks I think it would be worth it.

keynes

Multiverse Poster
Ohh sweet. Just fine tuning my picks now before a final order. I've noticed the 8GB Kingston Genesis 1866mhz isn't really that much of a price increase compared to the cheapest 8GB, so i'm just wondering would it be worth the little bit of money towards it? I know in gaming it wont really have much effect...but if it will speed up my daily computer tasks I think it would be worth it.

No noticeable difference for gaming, I am not sure what is your intended use apart from gaming but for most applications it doesn't bring any meaningful improvement. From previous threads the memory will be set at 1333mhz regardless of the memory bandwidth you choose.

Last edited:

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
Well the Kingston RAMs do have a nice blue heatsink compared to the standard green PCB on the normal ones, and you just have to change the setting in the BIOS, its simple