AMD driver help

pips333

Hey guys , I need a little help here .

Ive always had nvidia GPU's and it was always really easy to see which driver was installed.

But now Ive got my shiney new vortex and an AMD 7970m Im having a real issue in determining which driver is actually installed.

Ive looked every where for this info but Im totally confused. Theres nothing in the AMD control Centre and I just dont have a clue which driver is installed.

Sorry but my PC skills are rather limited :-(

Also anyone been playing Max Payne 3? Im struggling to get over 16 fps on medium settings :-(

Thanks guys

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
In AMD Vision engine control center select information then software.
Or in device manager right click the device/properties/driver,
to open,start/right click computer/properties/device manager.
Or in directX diagnostic tool,select display,
to open,type dxdiag in search box/enter/then select display.

Last edited:

Big_Rich

Silver Level Poster
Easiest way:

Right click on desktop -> Click Catalyst Control Centre -> Click on the Information tab on the lefthand side -> Click on Software -> Read what it says next to Catalyst Version -> If it says anything other than 12.6, you need to update.

pips333

Hey guys, thanks for your replies .

Unfortunately I'm feeling incredibly stupid right now and I promise you I'm not lol .

Ok did what you described Vanthus and have a driver as : 8.951.6.0 . I have no idea how to relate this number with driver version :-(

Also I simply cannot find how to get this Vision Engine Control Centre. I just get the normal Catalyst Control Centre which doesn't have ant Information tab .

I found the Amd Overdrive download but can't for the life of me find where to get the Vision Engine thing.

The AMD page for it has a download that simply takes you to a driver download page (I did try and download but no Vision Engine)

Sorry if I'm being a total idiot here :-(

Thanks guys

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
Vision Engine Control Center is just a newer version of Catalyst Control Center,
I have the Vision Engine Control Center installed on my PC for the 5870,but laptops
may be different.There doesn't seem to be an update yet for your card on the AMD download site.There may be a beta driver available,but I'm not sure.Probably best give tech support a call tomorrow.

Last edited: