AMD RDNA2 6000 series GPUs

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Will we likely get AMD version or aftermarket versions of rx6800 and rx6800xt when it releases on Nov 18th? And if so which brand would it likely to be? Please let there be Asus Strix option available by then.
PCS generally stock XFX and another although I don’t know who, but yes, aftermarket versions will be the standard option.

The strix is normally a separate option because it’s much more expensive.

Derngek

Silver Level Poster
PCS generally stock XFX and another although I don’t know who, but yes, aftermarket versions will be the standard option.

The strix is normally a separate option because it’s much more expensive.
Thanks for the info. I hope PCS may add separate Asus option so I can switch srtix 3080 to strix 6800xt for my new PC build
Maybe I'll ask sales team closer to time in regards of availability.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Thanks for the info. I hope PCS may add separate Asus option so I can switch srtix 3080 to strix 6800xt for my new PC build
Maybe I'll ask sales team closer to time in regards of availability.
They’ll likely list all the cards for pre order in the configurator maybe a week or so before release. But yes, worth asking beforehand if you get the chance.

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
Booked the 18th off work, so I'll have no excuses not to be sat ready to amend my order...

refresh-f5.gif

Bonus dusty desk gif to trigger the amathophobes among us! :LOL:

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
Fingers crossed that the aftermarket versions of 6800xt will be released alongside AMD version on the same day of 18th Nov
I've seen somewhere that they're due to be the following week, once AMD start restocking after their initial batch sell out. That's me repeating speculation from Youtube, so take it with a pinch of salt. They won't be too long after I'm sure though! :)

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
But when will they appear on the (re-)configurator for me to swap out my RTX3080?

Weren't they supposed to be available on the 18th November?

:mad::cry::mad::cry::mad::cry::mad:;)

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Will be same.situation like nvidia till next year
Maybe, but with the extra (albeit limited) capacity of two different GPU series offerings, and some people happy to move over to Team Red, it should mean it helps everyone in the short-term.

I'm neither Team Red or Blue or Black (if Intel's included), I just want a decent card for my new/1st gaming PC build (cancelled my Xbox Series X pre-order when I ordered this as I was playing more on an unsuitable PC than I was on the X1X).

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
Potentially, however Nvidia are using Samsung who were not ready with a lot of stuff, whereas AMD are using TSMC.

That may make a difference, as existing supplier versus going to a new supplier for a new product launch is always a nightmare.
That's what I'm expecting - I fully expect the 6000 series will sell out as quickly as the 3000 series did in September. The difference is that AMD will start to get new stock out in a week or two, while Nvidia didn't appear to have any new stock for nearly a month after the initial launch day.