An unlucky customer

PaulH

Bright Spark
Try the GBe controller :) - bleeding asus changing everything from the manual with a bios update.... :(

Xavien

Enthusiast
ouch that was a bit painful, looks like gbe controller stands for gigabyte ethernet connection, i tried this option and it disabled my ethernet so i couldnt get online. I then reenabled it and i got an over clocking failed screen on the reboot, i pressed f1 to continue normally and im back in. Hopefully i wont see that message again. I was still getting the drives message though.

Could it be the Onboard sata6G controller which is set to IDE mode? i looked at the options and they were IDE mode, AHCI mode and disabled.

Xavien

Enthusiast
glad i didnt change it then :) hmm its all a bit strange, maybe i just need to get use to it, its not a big deal seeing the message, im positive it has something to do with the jmicron controller, ive seen other posts on the net saying its that, and i get a message above the checking drives saying jmicron controller but i just dont see it anywhere in the bios, very strange that unless its hidden or something.

edit: Hmm i think the jmicron controller has something to do with my SDD drive

Xavien

Enthusiast
I wonder why it doesnt show up in my bios......very strange that

Before my system had problems on friday (what this post was all about originally) i did have some program installed to do with my intel ssd drive i wondered if i could have changed the settings there. To bad i had to reinstall and lost it, also dont seem to have a disc with it on.

Gorman

Author Level
i have always ignored it tbh, its just more bios spam.

can someone post a link to the ssd tool thats missing here?

Xavien

Enthusiast
Thats great guys thanks :) the cursed program wants me to reboot though and im copying 100gb of info from a flash drive hehe and downloading the updates to a new online game that ive got into beta with :) so i think it will be tomorrow now before i see if there is anything under the tools that can help me. I will let you know how it goes. Thanks

Xavien

Enthusiast
Well there wasnt any options in the program to disable the jmicron controller but it does have a kind of maintence program which could come in handy. The search for jmicron continues.......