Anno 1701 and other Anno games.

JonnyPx

Gold Level Poster
Anyone played Anno 1701 or 1404? I was playing the demo of 1701, and for a game that came out in 2006, the graphics look amazing! I bought anno 1404 for £5.99 a few days ago for when I buy me new laptop, could be a while though lol!

screenshot0005r.jpg
[/URL]

screenshot0006r.jpg
[/URL]

And before you ask, yes, I get 8fps in photo mode in a 5 year old game lol.

Last edited:

JonnyPx

Gold Level Poster
I don't know, I only have the demo of 1701 and am not going to open 1404 till i can get a PC that can run it!

Gishank

Bright Spark
No, it doesn't - said DRM was removed in a patch I believe. Though in my personal opinion (I have 1404 & Venice) I think you need to play with a good group of mates to truely enjoy it. I played with the AI and found it too slow to progress.

JonnyPx

Gold Level Poster
No, it doesn't - said DRM was removed in a patch I believe. Though in my personal opinion (I have 1404 & Venice) I think you need to play with a good group of mates to truely enjoy it. I played with the AI and found it too slow to progress.

Does 1404 have online then?

JonnyPx

Gold Level Poster
Yeah, that looks really good. It's called 2071 I think lol. I can play 1701 pretty near max graphics (1280x960 with medium shadows and no AA) at about 18 fps on the crappy rig in my sig, and it still looks really really good. But the newest one 1404, has that depth of field thing going on like 1701 in photomode. When i put that on, my fps go down to about 8 as you can see in the photos above lol. It looks sick, but that games came out 5 years ago. Photo mode in 1404 or this new 2071 is going to be about 1.5 fps!

Al.Neri

Super Star
downloaded the demo of 1404 and it runs smooth, even maxed out. don't have a clue what I'm doing on it though.

I figured the basic stuff out, but got stuck when I had to return the charted maps to where I was supposed to drop them off. couldn't figure out how to, so I ctrl/alt/del'd out of the game. I'll give it another try later.

JonnyPx

Gold Level Poster
downloaded the demo of 1404 and it runs smooth, even maxed out. don't have a clue what I'm doing on it though.

I figured the basic stuff out, but got stuck when I had to return the charted maps to where I was supposed to drop them off. couldn't figure out how to, so I ctrl/alt/del'd out of the game. I'll give it another try later.
It'll run smooth for you perhaps, I have a 7300gt >_>