Another USA shooting

Buzz

Master
Will America ever change the gun laws do you think. It certainly wouldnt be a good vote winner for any president candidate but this news in now on the batman shooting, is just horrible What goes through someones head when planning something like that.

Colorado-theater-shooting

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
Read that on BBC this morning. Have seen some reports suggesting the gunmen wore gasmasks and threw a device that released a cloud before shooting up the place. Some even suggesting that they were trying to look like Bane, although others say more likely simply related to the high crime rate already in that area.

Sad times indeed.

Buzz

Master
Yeh, Apparently now they are saying he has explosives at his house and that he had armored vest on and gasmask. Got in the fire escape. Crazy. They also said its only 14min away from where the columbine shooting happened.

Could it be subliminal messaging hypnosis or something in the water maybe. Something weird going on in that place one way or another. I just dont get it. Just does not make sense how people get to that point. As ya said mate...

Sad times.

Karnor00

Bright Spark
To be honest I don't think gun controls have a lot to do with it. If someone is intent on going out an shooting innocent strangers, then getting hold of a gun is likely to be a fairly easy task, whichever country they are in.

Buzz

Master
To be honest I don't think gun controls have a lot to do with it. If someone is intent on going out an shooting innocent strangers, then getting hold of a gun is likely to be a fairly easy task, whichever country they are in.

This 20 odd yr old had 4 guns, armored vests, gas mask etc. Also explosives are said to be at his place. Yes things like that could be obtained in other countries but say now if I was to try get hold of that stuff, there is no way it would be easy and most people really wouldnt have a clue how to get hold of those things.

Gun control for sure has huge part to play in my opinion. Ok as ya say its not the whole thing, and if ppl really want to get eventually Im sure they could, but in the USA its far far more common and far easier to get hold of things for people of all ages.

mdwh

Enthusiast
I'm not convinced it's as easy as in any country. Also not everyone may be as "intent" - with unstable people, there may be all kinds of factors.

Though I concede that once you already have lots of guns in a country, changing the laws won't get rid of the guns in circulation overnight.

Rakk

The Awesome
This is not good at all and is just wrong!
But what I want to know why was there a 3-month old and kids aged from 6 at a midnight showing of a film - shouldn't they have been asleep? (info gained from the BBC news website)

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
Well seeing as some reports are that he was dressed to look like Bane, surely we would have to blame the Batman franchise...but movies are mainstream so don't get the same flack our poor innocent games do :D

Adli

Enthusiast
Well seeing as some reports are that he was dressed to look like Bane, surely we would have to blame the Batman franchise...but movies are mainstream so don't get the same flack our poor innocent games do :D

well i blame the Batman games then...