Any ideas for why my pc is shutting down?

OluOla

Bronze Level Poster
Almost everytime I turn on my pc it turns off few seconds later the first time. I turn on my monitor then the pc it says no signal and shuts down completely then i turn it back on again and its perfectly fine.

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
It may help if you post your specification from your order page (have flagged it to a mod to move to the Technical Support section where you may get a better/faster response)

OluOla

Bronze Level Poster
LIAN LI 215 lancool
Processor (CPU)
AMD Ryzen 5 5600 X
Motherboard
Asus X570 GAMING PLUS WIFI
Memory (RAM)
16GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3200MHz (2 x 8GB)
Graphics Card
8GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3060 Ti - HDMI, DP, LHR
1st Storage Drive
1TB PCS M.2 PCS
1st Storage Drive
512GB intel 670p M.2
Power Supply
CORSAIR 750 W RMx Series POWER SUPPLY
Power Cable
1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor Cooling
Hypermaster cooler 212
Thermal Paste
STANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING
Extra Case Fans
None
Sound Card
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Network Card
10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT
Wireless Network Card
None
USB/Thunderbolt Options
MIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS
Operating System
NO OPERATING SYSTEM REQUIRED
Operating System Language
United Kingdom - English Language
Windows Recovery Media
NO RECOVERY MEDIA REQUIRED
Office Software
FREE 30 Day Trial of Microsoft 365® (Operating System Required)
Anti-Virus
NO ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE
Browser
Google Chrome™
Cable Management
3 x PCS 1.5M Zip Cable Tidy - Professional Cable Management

OluOla

Bronze Level Poster
What operating system are you running, where was it bought/transferred from, and how did you install it?
Using windows 10 pro, my friend had bought a key and given me the product key so im not sure where it was bought from and I installed the os from a usb drive by doing a clean install and re-installing windows fresh again.

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Using windows 10 pro, my friend had bought a key and given me the product key so im not sure where it was bought from and I installed the os from a usb drive by doing a clean install and re-installing windows fresh again.
Thanks.

Was just checking that you weren't trying to use the test build of W10...as it's known to be incomplete and unreliable for normal use.

OluOla

Bronze Level Poster
Thanks.

Was just checking that you weren't trying to use the test build of W10...as it's known to be incomplete and unreliable for normal use.
Yeah I had recently reinstalled windows as I heard that it was test windows. Do you believe that this issue is of software or hardware related? as far as I remember it just started out of nowhere had the pc for almost 2 weeks and when it first came it was fine but noticed it later and I haven't touched the internals of the pc until the issue.

And it does appear to be random I tried it today after 7 hours and it turned on as normal.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Try turning off Fast Start and see if that helps with the problem.

The event monitor will likely hold relevant information to the shutdown & reason (Shutdown log).