Any interesting hobbies?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
All this talk of classic Rap led me to buying A Tribe Called Quests first album, they recently did a 25th Anniversary remaster and it's supposed to be a fantastic pressing, such a great album!

I can’t believe that album is thirty years old. Still sounds so fresh. No... wait... phresh 👍

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Here’s one that made me laugh...
View attachment 18982
Yeah I've got various tee shirts, this is one of my favourites
Retirement tee shirt.jpg

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
The new amp just arrived, weighs an absolute tonne, had to ask the delivery driver to help me carry it upstairs to the landing!

It's far too beautiful for the likes of me, this thing belongs in the systems of angels and goddesses!

Even the remote is a single piece of machined aluminium and weighs a lot.

If god is an audiophile, he’d be on tubes!

IMG_1480.JPEG

Last edited:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Yes...was it not your computer desk that looked like it hadn't been dusted for years? I do know the feeling however....my desk area is also a dust magnet, partly due to it's sheer size and partly as there are too many black objects (2 trolleys, printer, PC, Xbox, monitor, speakers!) and partly because it's right next to the living room door so constantly walking past it and disturbing the dust
It's a nightmare. All dead particles but from where? Can't just be me? Are there a hoard of nomads wandering around the place when I'm sleeping shedding skin everywhere? The people need to know :ROFLMAO:

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Yes...was it not your computer desk that looked like it hadn't been dusted for years? I do know the feeling however....my desk area is also a dust magnet, partly due to it's sheer size and partly as there are too many black objects (2 trolleys, printer, PC, Xbox, monitor, speakers!) and partly because it's right next to the living room door so constantly walking past it and disturbing the dust
95DE159F-3AD1-4D3F-BEAD-3E4933547D3C.jpeg

It was indeed. The horror... 😱

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Hobbies? Well then....

I sail - though we sold out 45ft yacht a few years ago now - but if anyone needs a skipper I'm your man. ;)

I'm into geology, my OU degree was in geology. I'm fascinated by landscapes and how they got to look that way. I did a geological study of the deep lake here in Agios Nikolaos a couple of years ago and wrote a small (free) ebook on the geological history of the lake. PM me if you're interested in a copy. ;)

I'm into hill walking. Each winter I lead a group of sailors who winter in the marina here on weekly walks up into the hills, mountains and gorges of Crete. It's the only way to see the real island.

I'm a history buff too, it's hard not to be on an island that still has sites from the Bronze Age (Minoan), Roman, Byzantine, Arab, Venetian, Ottoman, and even WWII that can be visited and explored. Several decades ago I was heavily into the US civil war, I've been to most major east coast battlefield sites and related sites too (such as Abraham Lincoln's grave). I also became very interested in how the US National Anthem came to be written and wrote another small (free) ebook that tells the full story (it's a good story too!). PM me if you'd like a copy. ;)

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
I went to see a house tonight, it's absolutely ideal for me and offers me all the space I could dream for. All going well... one of the first spurges I'll be making, once over the crippling financial ruin of the mortgage, is getting a tidy record player & amp.

Seriously jealous :)

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I went to see a house tonight, it's absolutely ideal for me and offers me all the space I could dream for. All going well... one of the first spurges I'll be making, once over the crippling financial ruin of the mortgage, is getting a tidy record player & amp.

Seriously jealous :)
Oh, nice! Fingers crossed on the house, are you going to make an offer?

This system is quite frankly the most rewarding thing I've ever invested in, it's sublime.