Any1 a big WoW nerd?

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
It has racials such as rolling around. Not useful. And I am guessing it will be way OP/UP

I'm glad you are basing your analysis on a well thought out and deeply researched prespective. But then I wasn't expecting as such, so dont know why I am surprised :)

Tracker

Enthusiast
It's widely agreed that ret paladins are much better than they were pre-cata, now they actually have a rotation. Have you tried Prot pala? it has quite a nice feel to it, and has quite a large rotation and lots of CDs.

Prot pallies had a decent rotation back in WoTLK TBH, though Holy Paladin healing was waaay out of line and ret was pretty much /lol

the holy power does make them feel a little more unique, given they've had most of their other defining traits stripped from them with seals / blessings taking a back bench to everything else they're doing, after starting with mana, rage (warriors/bear) and energy (rogue/cat), we've now got holy power, runes, a Balance meter and focus to contend with so every class really does have a distinct feel to it, they definately seem to be nailing the pvp side of things, rated battlegrounds are far more fun than your typical random gaggles, and i can dip in and out of arena without being too disadvantaged by wearing only the tradeskill pvp gear and a few token resilience pieces.

I've got an active subscription but not currently playing atm as i'm powering through SWTOR, that said when panda comes out i'll probably get back into it then ( as i always do with these expansions), though for the first time i will -not- be rolling a panda, they just do not appeal to me x3 i'll be sticking with my worgen rogue / druid / draenei paladin / draenei DK, or maybe i'll roll a horde would like to win pvp for a change as much as i love the alliance aesthetics xDD

I hate to admit it but the pet battling system looks like a fun waste of time.. xD i spend far too much time accumulating stuff like that (tabards, shirts, pets, various ways to transform yourself (my druid has like, 15 different transformations in total now), mounts, you name it i collect it) so i've got a veritable army of critters to fight with

Last edited:

TheKeir

Bright Spark
People are hating the pokemon pet battle system but honestly, I think it's a good addition. Lots of people complain about having a daily grind of things to do, or complain that theres nothing to do when not raiding. This gives some fun things to do.

And who can say, hand on heart, that they do not like pokemon?

jacktimson

Silver Level Poster
.Unholy is a bit more interesting, but at higher levels it's not doing great dps.

That is total rubbish, i play a unholy deathknight, usually top meters on most fights in dragon soul. To me the whole dragonsoul was a let down, on normal anyway, I made my own 10man raid groups and cleared it on the second week. Ragnaros had a more epic feel to it.
My character is Karieva on frostmane.

TheKeir

Bright Spark
I meant not as good as frost. :p

Also "I made my own 10man raid groups" you pugged DS? I have not seen even one single pug for current content since wotlk lol and thats not even an exaggeration. Seriously. And I played for about 6+ hours a day... before my computer committed suicide. It died 2 days after 4.3 released so I capped my valor on all of my toons and did LFR a few times, but havent played otherwise. Maybe this content is puggable for the first time in cata?

UndeadJack

Master Poster
That is total rubbish, i play a unholy deathknight, usually top meters on most fights in dragon soul. To me the whole dragonsoul was a let down, on normal anyway, I made my own 10man raid groups and cleared it on the second week. Ragnaros had a more epic feel to it.
My character is Karieva on frostmane.

Wasn't it made for people who don't have more than 2 hours to raid? Seems pointless to raid if that was one of the reasons behind it.

UndeadJack

Master Poster
I meant not as good as frost. :p

Also "I made my own 10man raid groups" you pugged DS? I have not seen even one single pug for current content since wotlk lol and thats not even an exaggeration. Seriously. And I played for about 6+ hours a day... before my computer committed suicide. It died 2 days after 4.3 released so I capped my valor on all of my toons and did LFR a few times, but havent played otherwise. Maybe this content is puggable for the first time in cata?

Firelands has been PuGed pre-4.3 many times on Draenor. My guild master did it in a PuG due to low online numbers in my guild and the raid reset was close at the time.

Last edited:

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
I do love a good "Iiswowpro" post...but shockingly, MOST people haven't cleared, or even done Normal DS. You cleared it? Nice for you, but this game wasn't designed and built JUST for you....

Wasn't it made for people who don't have more than 2 hours to raid? Seems pointless to raid if that was one of the reasons behind it.

Was that a reference to LFR (which the post you quoted didn't actually mention?). If so, no, it was so that people that couldn't raid more than 2 hours can still raid, it was designed so that people that can't commit to a SPECIFIC 4 hours every week can still raid and see the content. Anything else along the lines of "OMGTHISISEASYMODE" or "POINTLESSICANSLEEPTHROUGHTHIS" are either from someone that is just trolling, or simply unable to grasp the most simple concepts of life. :)

NMEBowen

Master Poster
I personally played from the beta to the start of cata in one of the best guilds in europe clearing every dungeon possible, but the time it takes to play at that standard destroyed my way of life and tbh wow took a nose dive after 40 man raiding. 40man Molten Core and blackrock in my eyes were some of the most enjoyable experiances i ever had gaming playing from 3 perspectives a marksman hunter, feral tank, and holy pala but the time it took to get to that level was insane your talking atleast 5 hours a day preparing for raids and perfecting tactics, i wouldnt do that again unless i was being paid.

TheKeir

Bright Spark
I know how you feel NME :) to play at the highest level you do have to be very committed. However, with the state of raids these days, it is easy to join a casual guild that will only raid 2 hours a day, twice a week, and alongside that you just need to fit in 7 30-minute dungeons in, at any point during a given week. Even though it's casual, it's still great fun.

UndeadJack

Master Poster
I do love a good "Iiswowpro" post...but shockingly, MOST people haven't cleared, or even done Normal DS. You cleared it? Nice for you, but this game wasn't designed and built JUST for you....

Was that a reference to LFR (which the post you quoted didn't actually mention?). If so, no, it was so that people that couldn't raid more than 2 hours can still raid, it was designed so that people that can't commit to a SPECIFIC 4 hours every week can still raid and see the content. Anything else along the lines of "OMGTHISISEASYMODE" or "POINTLESSICANSLEEPTHROUGHTHIS" are either from someone that is just trolling, or simply unable to grasp the most simple concepts of life. :)

In comparison to, say ICC or Ulduar - it isn't difficult. I know it wasn't designed with me in mind but that fact is that Cata content isn't as hard as say Vanilla or BC content. ^ I get the point of the 4 hours commit was excessive though.

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
I'm glad that you have completed DS on Heroic Jack, but there are millions of others that haven't, and that, at the end of the day, is why WoW CANNOT be uberhardmode, because there will always be lots that moan. SP games can be, as can more niche MMOs, but when you are top dog and need to please a MASSIVE player base, you cannot cater to the few anymore.

Sure, in Mists, there will be an LFR version of all raids, but there will always be a vocal group that will want to do Heroics and demand they remain accessible.

TheKeir

Bright Spark
The fact remains that only 5% of all WoW players are raiding, and if Blizzard want to make money, they can't tune the game so that it's great for 5% of their customers but the other 95% can't access the content.

jacktimson

Silver Level Poster
I just mean the whole general raid, the climax when you kill deathwing just didn't live up to what you would expect, its an expansion ender. I had a lot more of a buzz killing ragnaros than i did deathwing.

Its not because people cant access the content, normal dragon soul isn't hard at all, you need a group of 10 players who can communicate and have a brain. I just started making my own 10man raid groups, first week cleared 5, built up to 7 the next and 8 the week after. I raid atmost 2 days a week for about 2 hours on them days.

Another problem is like they did for firelands, the difficulty isn't to hard, but they go and nurf the whole place, baleroc for example, perfectly doable with a pug, had to use your brain and play your class before the nurf, they then reduced his hp by 25%, removing the beserk aspect of the fight. This will probably happen to dragonsoul in about a month.
I don't mind having to do something to kill a boss, but basically just turning up and killing it really isn't fun.

The difficulty for madness on normal right now is ok, usually get it on the 3rd or 4th try but i wouldn't say raiding at level 60 was harder. The differences are just there are more people to communicate and position, the whole raid would go extremely slow (5min pala buffs or the 15min ones) and an awful lot of trash.
Raiding fairly hardcore now isn't as bad as it used to be.

Im not saying im a WoW pro, but IF you found 9 other people, went on a public vent, knew tactics, you would breeze through DS.

Also frost is basically the same damage as unholy, they both pull ahead on different fights, but i checked WoL, and the highest ranked frost vs unholy are basically the same. I also managed to pull 33k dps on morchok as unholy (thanks to the madness sword) but going to check what it is on ultraxion, i usually average about 32k dps as frost so hopefully will beat that.

Last edited:

jacktimson

Silver Level Poster
Just checked MMO and its already starting to happen.

During the scheduled server maintenance on the week of January 31, the Dragon Soul raid will become enveloped by the “Power of the Aspects” spell, reducing the health and damage dealt of all enemies in the raid by 5%. This spell will grow progressively stronger over time to reduce the difficulty and make the encounters more accessible. The spell will affect both normal and Heroic difficulties, but it will not affect the Looking for Raid difficulty.

UndeadJack

Master Poster
Just checked MMO and its already starting to happen.

During the scheduled server maintenance on the week of January 31, the Dragon Soul raid will become enveloped by the “Power of the Aspects” spell, reducing the health and damage dealt of all enemies in the raid by 5%. This spell will grow progressively stronger over time to reduce the difficulty and make the encounters more accessible. The spell will affect both normal and Heroic difficulties, but it will not affect the Looking for Raid difficulty.

That is so dumb.

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
Dumb? Again, thanks for the in depth analysis.

As Bashiok clearly explained in the long blue about it, this is designed so that those guilds that have hit a wall on a particular boss, either in Normal or Heroic, can continue to make progress through the raid, in time to make it count and not the week before Mists.

This has nothing to do with dumbing down content, or "making the raids accessible", that is what LFR is for. This is aimed at those guilds already reading N or H, and providing a small (yes, 5% is small) boost to their raiding experience.

Calling it "dumb" or even elaborating on it and calling it bad policy or a fail direction is either ignorant or simply shows you have blinkers on to any other players (that majority that is).

PLUS

This was announced sometime in October that this is what they were going to do. It makes sense, they told us they were going to do it. Complain? Find something more useful to do.

jacktimson

Silver Level Poster
Have you even cleared it yet?
The idea is to make it easier for people. For heroic i can understand this, but at this current time, you do not need this for normal, eventually this buff will mean the bosses will just hand out loot.
If you haven't cleared it on normal, then you cant really comment on the difficultie of the raid really?
People shouldn't have to be spoonfed now should they?

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
You have just missed the whole point. 5% doesnt "spoon feed" or "hand out loot". Its just sensationalism.