Any1 a big WoW nerd?

jacktimson

Silver Level Poster
You didn't answer my question?

Also the nurf will go past 5%, they said it will keep stacking until they see fit.

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
Yes, if they see fit.

Blizzard have a crap tonne of stats about who has killed what. No player does.

When, in their opinion, enough people are progressing through the content levels, they will stop increasing it.

I am not making anything up, just reading what Bashiok said.

HP and Damage Done doesnt make or break a boss anyway, it simply allows for a slightly smoother time, it doesnt = handing out loot or supereasymode.

Blizzard have stated many times, including in the latest blue post about this that they want people to progress and continue to do so. This is not up for discussion, and not up to you to decide. And in the end, a nerf like this will never damage the game.

jacktimson

Silver Level Poster
When did i say this was for me to deceide?

I was giving my opinion, because ive actually experienced this content, unlike you, saying the difficultie is fine, if not to easy. I said its perfectly puggable, which i even done tonight. Cleared the first 7 with zero wipes, wiped on madness on 4% so doing it again on sunday.

If people actually wanted to experience the raids, they can, but if there actually a bad player, they wont, seems fair to me?

Rocks703

I've been playing wow since the BC. All my Toons bar one are on the Horde side, mostly tauren :D "Where's the Beef!"
Met some friends on there from all over europe and been to visit them in person which is great.
I enjoy the levelling side more than end game content, jumping in the instances to do quests etc. I think the LFG was a great addition, esp when I remember how long it would take whispering healers to come and join a group. Don't miss that time.
I think the cata levelling area chains quests are brilliant esp the Harrison Jones in Uldum plenty of humour there.

Looking back at my first toon which was a Tauren druid and having to "run" (not mount!) all over the azeroth in order to complete the water form chain quest getting ganked along the way, and finally dinging 70 and getting the flight form ......oh yeah!

Currently levelling a Prot Pali and I'm liking the holybar. Was in a really nice group last night where everyone knew their role and class, still gives the good buzz compared to when you have a bad group and everyone wants to pull, nothing worse than running towards a mob only to see a frost bolt/arrow/fireball go racing past you lol

Last edited:

martyn47

With regards to the current difficulty and nerfing, i cannot disagree that the changes are done in the way that Blizzard see fit. But i would love to know what the data they see actually looks like?
As has been mentioned already in this post, DS 10 really isnt hard for any players that have mediorce gear and a fucntioning brain. I can only speculate as to the amount of time til the release of MoP, but i would imagine its a fairly long while. SO personally i just do not see the reasoning behind making DS even easier than it already is.
I under stand the statement of "making it easier so guilds can get past certain bosses that they may have hit a wall on" but surely there is enough time to overcome that naturally, by working hard at defeating an encounter rather than having Blizzard tune it down?

Perhaps i simply am a victim of my own ignorance as i have no problems finding equally skilled players in game to defeat the current content, and, as has already been mentioned previously, i am not the majority of the player base.

On a side note, not seen m/any healers post here yet - I play a Discipline Priest, big up the powers of absorbtion ;)

tom_gr7

Life Serving
I have read pretty much the whole of this thread, to be honest I didn't understand a thing! hahah you geeks

ps....am a geek too :)

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
There are faaaaaaaaaaar more geeky things than WoW ever can aspire to be.

I ofc cannot name any...

..tom, over to you :D

Sie

Gold Level Poster
Played since Beta, cleared EVERYTHING including all Hard modes upto and including WotLK then cleared everything in Cata on normal with a few heroics, done neffy/CG and Raggy on HC to like....stupid% but no kill..

Oh and i play a rogue, not main'd anything other than that since beta

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/kazzak/Oria/simple

Now i play SWTOR :)

Sie

Gold Level Poster
I find it better personally, though alot think its bad or "not as good as wow", but they fail to realise wow has had 7 years to mature and SWTOR is still new, yea its got some maturing to do but i think it will get there people just need to give it time! :)

Tracker

Enthusiast
has anyone seen the new scroll of resurrection?

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/...-rewards-with-the-new-scroll-of-resurrection/

to break it down:

resurrect a friend, friend will get ALL expansions up to cataclysm, free, 7 game days, an optional free character move AND one of their characters boosted instantly to level 80.

if they then pay for 30 days game time, you get a spectral gryphon or a spectral windrider mount too.

offer is available to anyone with an inactive account that was inactive before 3rd march, and has bought at least the original game.

Flucky

has anyone seen the new scroll of resurrection?

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/...-rewards-with-the-new-scroll-of-resurrection/

to break it down:

resurrect a friend, friend will get ALL expansions up to cataclysm, free, 7 game days, an optional free character move AND one of their characters boosted instantly to level 80.

if they then pay for 30 days game time, you get a spectral gryphon or a spectral windrider mount too.

offer is available to anyone with an inactive account that was inactive before 3rd march, and has bought at least the original game.

dafuq that's too far

Tracker

Enthusiast
that is for resurrections, aka inactive accoutns only though, refer a friend ( new accounts) have same rewards as always.

clearly they want to really shore up subscriber numbers for the coming quarter..