Anyone else getting tired of repetitive sequels???

ParagonNova

By this i mean games such as COD,Assassins Creed where the developers aren't bringing anything much new to the game the graphics aren't updating the story isn't being thoroughly thought out and all thats being added is maybe an extra online mode/character. There are are few games like these that just seem to be £40 DLC's in a box :( Such a shame really :/

liamnic2

Super Star
I never get tired of COD, AC etc.. because I know they are something I can play. As for graphics Im not really bothered, BF3 is looking good and MW3 has new gameplay. Im looking into buying that RAGE.

ParagonNova

Maybe i just get bored easily then lols i have played a bit of rage at my friends he got it on steam the pc versions a bit buggy most probably due to lazy porting :D surprise surprise but i enjoyed playing it seemed quite good

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
I actually think AC was a dissapointment with AC2 however after that its just gotten better and better. Love it again now. Ive alwasys enjoed COD but do agree it doesnt seem to change much, which as a games developer myself, feel kinda let down by.

tom_gr7

Life Serving
I loved all the AC titles! i might even buy them for the pc lol.

@ the OP, i do agree that some games are similar to the last. Why not try playing different kinds of games? Are you into strategy games? like total war? or company of heroes, that's a very good game, that involves lots and lots of missions.

pr1s0ner

If your looking for something different then try a few indie titles. The big names are investing far too much money to be that risky with a new release.
Give Spacechem a whirl, definitely different :)

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
i used to love CoD, but now i very rarely play it seeing as its just the same each time, its amazing what is out there for whatever platform, gears 3 is awesome, and so are many others such as dead island, tbh apart from BF3, im bored of fps and even atm bf3 beta seemed kind of a let down (not even considering bugs) i actually prefer bad co 2

there are some very fun racing games as well, Driver SF being my favourite atm

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
i used to love CoD, but now i very rarely play it seeing as its just the same each time, its amazing what is out there for whatever platform, gears 3 is awesome, and so are many others such as dead island, tbh apart from BF3, im bored of fps and even atm bf3 beta seemed kind of a let down (not even considering bugs) i actually prefer bad co 2

there are some very fun racing games as well, Driver SF being my favourite atm

But your playing on console, cant judge the game until it comes out, I know you keep saying you judge on the beta, but thats like juding a book in its first draft. Pretty silly idea if tyou ask me.

Mattyp

Enthusiast
I think the storyline of Assassins Creed is good enough to keep me into it. They always try and do something new with each game as well which is awesome. I agree that AC wasn't all that, but Assassins Creed 2 was amazing.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
But your playing on console, cant judge the game until it comes out, I know you keep saying you judge on the beta, but thats like juding a book in its first draft. Pretty silly idea if tyou ask me.

im not talking about it being on console, ie the graphics/fps, i just dont like the feel of the game, it feels, too realistic and id rather it just have things that makes a fps game more fun even if it would never happen

and a beta is a lot different to a first draft, alpha, maybe, but beta is near full release and its only bugs and unpopular parts that are changed, not going to rewrite the whole thing now are they?

and i will still be getting it and will probably enjoy it more with the full sized maps with the jets and stuff, but still, i dont know what it is, just something missing