Are they serious??!

keynes

Multiverse Poster
Pretty sure AMD Radeon HD 6800 series & above supports 3D.

When I was deliberating between AMD and Nvidia for 3D I read that 3D is supported by AMD but by using a 3rd party software and there was also some difficulties installing the 3D glasses since AMD does not offer those but 3rd party. By looking at Tom's link I assume that is still the case.

Samanosuke

Bronze Level Poster
Thank you everyone :)

I think I will go with the 6970. I looked further into AMD's 3D solutions and I will give it a go. At the end of the day nothing is forever right? if Im really unhappy with it, I'll try my luck with nVidia. In the meantime I havent got a 3D Monitor or TV yet so I'll put the card to good use doing all the other stuff ;)

keynes

Multiverse Poster
Not too fussed about the 3rd monitor as it tends to be Skype's permanent residence :D however my current card (Radeon 4600 series) is quite happy with 3. Anyway, if the shiny NVidia struggles I'll cut out the Hanns one. I opted for NVidia for the 3D aspect of it. I'm waiting for the Playstation 3D Monitor to be released (oooooh I'm feeling alittle happier now)
I did not intend you to put you off the PS3 monitor, I am also interested in how well it performs. It is taking ages to be released, please do let me know how it performs 3D once you test it.