Arrival of the beast =)

lady0sheep

Silver Level Poster
My new PC arrived last Friday as promised (9.34 am woop!) But I couldn't open it until Sunday because I was down in Surrey visiting family, the wait was painful! But worth it =)

The box:
IMG_1097.JPG

Packing:
IMG_1108.JPG

Inside:
IMG_1110.JPG

I am slightly sad my graphics card doesn't have GTX 670 in massive writing on the side to be honest :( However saying that, I ordered it the day after it was launched and it's working a treat so I can't really complain :D
IMG_1111.JPG

I was shocked by how mini my wifi card is! Seems to be working a treat though, haven't had any problems picking up a good signal.
IMG_1112.JPG

Front view (sadly irl it looks less pink :p)
IMG_1114.JPG

My awesome UFO surge proof adapter, which turns the peripherals off when you power off your PC. Great for lazy people like me who don't wanna crawl around to switching things off at the plug :D
IMG_1116.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1108.JPG
    IMG_1108.JPG
    26.2 KB · Views: 170
  • IMG_1112.JPG
    IMG_1112.JPG
    26.8 KB · Views: 173

Craigsup

Silver Level Poster
How does the UFO plug know when your things are switched off? o:
I'm amazed! I may buy one if I know how it works!

Great pictures and it looks amazing!

Buzz

Master
Great pics. + rep

I presume the UFO plug works from monitoring the power usage. So when no power is being drawn then it will switch itself off.

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
:)
How does the UFO plug know when your things are switched off? o:
I'm amazed! I may buy one if I know how it works!

Great pictures and it looks amazing!
The "master socket" needs to detect a current before the slave sockets will work,If no current is detected by the master socket it automatically switches the devices plugged into the Slave Sockets off,
so with the PC plugged into the master socket,when you start the PC the slave sockets are switched on & when you switch the PC off it will switch the slave sockets off.
The "always on" socket is self explanatory.:)

Last edited:

Tanbleeky

WOW, very nice and almost exactly the build I am working on. The only real difference is that I'm going for the Dragon Rider case. Good to hear the wifi card is working nicely, that was the one area I was a bit worrried about :)
I am very interested to see what your FRAME RATES are like with that lovely machine.