Assassins Creed: Revelations

tom_gr7

Life Serving
I hope to god they don't make it modern. it will be so boring! Will just end up with guns.

One massive biggie for AC is the history and the excellent environments and cities. With a good mix of culture in there too.

Don't want no modern crap, with modern themes of bloody Russians invading the world and the bloody yanks saving the day.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
I hope to god they don't make it modern. it will be so boring! Will just end up with guns.

One massive biggie for AC is the history and the excellent environments and cities. With a good mix of culture in there too.

Don't want no modern crap, with modern themes of bloody Russians invading the world and the bloody yanks saving the day.

well i was talking about the start of communism in Russia, no need to include america in any way, just a corrupt land where you need to take out some big people, its what they all are really right?

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
How about AC3...where you play Altair's great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great grandad...and the setting is prehistoric times and you have to take out, like, ebil dinosaurs and the like?

And seeing as humans weren't around at the time (whatever old Racquel wants to think), we of course will play...

...Assassino Scrat!

I'm tellin ya, you heard it here first :D

Dayve

Is AC 3 the one that's going to be set in Constantinople? I've never had any inclination to play the games before as they seem like too much of a console type of game that shuffles you down a corridor to the next corridor and so on with no freedom whatsoever, but if one is to be set in Constantinople I may buy it just because of my unquenchable fascination with the Byzantine Empire and the great city itself as it was before the Crusaders and then the filthy Turks ruined it.

rudolph93

Silver Level Poster
yeh, i know they were and i know they are making a 3rd with a new character but i just see BH and revelations as pointless and a way to make more money

abit like call of duty games, pump a new 1 out every year for the money. sad thing is i actually enjoy playing assassins creed...

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
Dayve...I don't think there are any corridors in AC games...just massive cities with free reign to run across the rooftops or down through the streets, jumping off stupidly high buildings, all with hidden blades up your sleevies to bring the pain :)

I think you are thinking of Gears of War :D

Keenhail

Gold Level Poster
Revelations is the one set in Constantinople, however I really would not recommend that you play it without playing the others... It would be like walking to an Al Paccino movie half way through and trying to figure out who the bad guy is and what the story is

tom_gr7

Life Serving
I've been playing ac revelations tonight, it's good, but it feels a little boring compared to brotherhood.

DanteWilhelm

Bright Spark
Yeh don't know what game you played Wozza, but it wasn't the BH I played! :D

I am getting Rev for Christmas (so not long now!)...well, I am buying it on Steam and being reimbursed more accurately :)

Very much looking forward to it, and in no doubt whether Ubisoft have pulled it off again.

AC to me is thus far a series without flaw, and you cant say that very often about an entire series now can you? :)

I found AC boring, I only have AC2,

Ok so the climbing is good, the characters are pretty good, the weapon upgrades, the stealing and being hidden is pretty good but

all the cities look the same,

none have unique shops or interesting locations

went on for far too long

kill this guy then kill that guy etc etc

it's OK but really got boring, everywhere just looked the same.

Keenhail

Gold Level Poster
I found AC boring, I only have AC2,

Ok so the climbing is good, the characters are pretty good, the weapon upgrades, the stealing and being hidden is pretty good but

all the cities look the same,

none have unique shops or interesting locations

went on for far too long

kill this guy then kill that guy etc etc

it's OK but really got boring, everywhere just looked the same.

I'll admit I got bored of AC 1 also, but I enjoyed the story and I stuck out to the end and after all that I am glad I did. AC 2 was a HUGE improvement on the first one & I'm glad that Ubisoft actually listened to its customers and took the time to make the story more compelling ect ect.

AC: BH again changed the game for the better, the story was longer & it really sucked you in. You had your own group of assassins which really made things nice because in a tough situation you could call them in, even more so you could eliminate a target without getting your hands wet which was also nice

AC: Revelations isn't much change from BH other than you can now make 3 types of bombs using a variety of ingredients. If you like AC 2, you should like BH and Revelations

DanteWilhelm

Bright Spark
I'll admit I got bored of AC 1 also, but I enjoyed the story and I stuck out to the end and after all that I am glad I did. AC 2 was a HUGE improvement on the first one & I'm glad that Ubisoft actually listened to its customers and took the time to make the story more compelling ect ect.

AC: BH again changed the game for the better, the story was longer & it really sucked you in. You had your own group of assassins which really made things nice because in a tough situation you could call them in, even more so you could eliminate a target without getting your hands wet which was also nice

AC: Revelations isn't much change from BH other than you can now make 3 types of bombs using a variety of ingredients. If you like AC 2, you should like BH and Revelations

I doubt I'll like any of them really,

The gameplay is great but the whole game just became stale,

The main thing that annoyed me was all the cities looking the same, the same few shops which don't interest me past getting trophies. just felt like I was in the same place all the time, became very boring. For me AC2 went on for far too long and was too repetitive.

tom_gr7

Life Serving
I think the AC's are pretty good. the cities in ac/ac2 and brotherhood were all different, but revelations is a little samey.

Keenhail

Gold Level Poster
I think the AC's are pretty good. the cities in ac/ac2 and brotherhood were all different, but revelations is a little samey.

In all fairness, In AC2/BH/RV you were playing the same guy in the same timeline... You surely cant expect the shops to change all that much, As for the cities I believe Ubisoft created them to exact specification for the time that Ezio was in them (at least thats what they said at Eurogamer Expo 2011)

DanteWilhelm

Bright Spark
Not just shops but the building and the general feel,

OK to be realistic if you were in 5 different cities in England they may not vary too much, I understand the recreational feel they are going for, they want to replicate the cities, it's not like a game where you have vastly varying landscapes such as jungle, desert and tundra filled barren wasteland but a little bit of variety would have helped, simply because it is a video game.

For continuity's sake and the fact that the cities/towns are not too far away from each other I can see why they are similar but in a video game I don't want that.

Like I said the gameplay itself is awesome, I just grew tired of seeing the same things, go here kill this guy then go there and kill that guy, yes you're an assassin but I didn't feel like there was enough variety.

with that being said if brotherhood or revelations is better than AC2 than they are most likely pretty good but I'm not going to give the series any more thought.

But one series which I am looking forward to new additions from is Bioshock, I don't understand the rave about Bioshock2, especially how it is sometimes listed as a horror, it is a unique game, with terrible, terrible graphics. really isn't that fun or much to it at all, but I do want to see what Bioshock Infinite is like because of the unique universe they have created, the story the concept etc