ASUS P6X58D-E Problems

Timbercottage

Bronze Level Poster
Hey everyone,

I've just finished installing my PC into my new Xigmatek Utgard case, it booted up fine first, I did some software updates, restarted and now nothing :(

I've tried resetting the BIOS (removing the battery) and removing each component one by one to see if I could find which one might be causing me some problems. I have a horrible feeling the mobo has died, when turning the PSU on it just beeps constantly, I can't find any troubleshooting information anywhere and don't know what's gone wrong.

Please help!

Meds

Can you give a bit more information about the beeps you are getting?

Is it;

1 long, 2 short
1 long, 3 short
1 long continuous beep?

If it's one of the first two it sounds asthough it could be a lose component, maybe a Graphics Card or RAM module? Please double check all the components are seating correctly.

Gorman

Author Level
Hey everyone,

I've just finished installing my PC into my new Xigmatek Utgard case, it booted up fine first, I did some software updates, restarted and now nothing :(

I've tried resetting the BIOS (removing the battery) and removing each component one by one to see if I could find which one might be causing me some problems. I have a horrible feeling the mobo has died, when turning the PSU on it just beeps constantly, I can't find any troubleshooting information anywhere and don't know what's gone wrong.

Please help!

Without trying to insult you in any way.

The most common problem when people install a board into a new case and it goes wrong is they forgot the spacers or one is touching where it shouldnt.

05-spacer_installed.jpg

,S-N-61943-3.jpg

spacer.jpg

Can you confirm or deny correct spacerage?

Timbercottage

Bronze Level Poster
I did put the spacers in, and I've tried booting with just the motherboard to see if it'll work on it's own, but no joy, it is truly broke :(

The beep pattern is simply constant on-off-on-off-on-off-on etc, which to me isn't a good sign! Looks like I'll be requesting a return and getting this one replaced. I'll be a lot more careful with the new board when it arrives :)

Thanks for your help, hopefully I'll have better luck next time! Nothing ever goes smoothly round here :(