ASUS Rampage III Extreme mobo issues

Zeplini

sorry sleinous - my mistake :eek: i gave wayne the wrong bios and labeled wrong - given the correct one now and should be on the way

Last edited:

Sleinous

Author Level
hehe ok, i'll get my surgery kit out again :D Time to undergo some maintenance mr rampage :)

EDIT: Also we won't really know if it's worked or not 'till like tomorrow morning as this is my day off work so comp will probably be in use most of the day. But, tomorrow morning will be that big test! :D

EDIT: Surgery commences now, and I think ill just switch it off for a few hours so you dont have to wait till tomorrow to know if this'll fix the problem :) Ill come back on to tell u if it flashed ok, then ill switch it off for an hour or so.

Last edited:

Sleinous

Author Level
OK firstly, its worked, it showed as 1002, secondly, I cant remember (again) how to turn my fans back to auto, atm theyre blasting away :p Ready to take off, im worried my computer's gonna fly out the velux window lol....

Here is a screenshot: What do I enable?

IMG_0208.jpg

Secondly:

A run down of teh update, (after update I reset to XMP so I got the full 1600Mhz out of my modules again). and then we'll switch off and wait and see.

IMG_0203.jpg

IMG_0204.jpg

IMG_0205.jpg

Sleinous

Author Level
Continuation

IMG_0206.jpg

IMG_0207.jpg

Now ill set the fan too Auto once I know what to do =} and then i'll switch off for a while.

(Currently showing 6GB atm btw).

Sleinous

Author Level
OK so it's been off for just over an hour and 10 minutes, and, upon reboot there's still 6GB showing! woot! Of course the BIG test will be tomorrow morning after being off all night. Thanks for all your help :D

EDIT: P.S. how come my sig isn't showing? :p I tried both BBCode version and forum

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
I think it's because you're linking to a php file which generates the image. If you save the image to your desktop then upload it as a signature image, the in your signature add the following code:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sleinous

Author Level
I think it's because you're linking to a php file which generates the image. If you save the image to your desktop then upload it as a signature image, the in your signature add the following code:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Darn that could be a problem, Folding@Home updates stats every hour xD
I'll see what I can do :p

Sleinous

Author Level
Sorry about the double post, but I wanted to make sure this was seen before I leave for work :)
I booted up just now - 4.00GB so it's still not solved the problem. Guess it's time to RMA the Corsair and get replacement Kingston?
Would I need to phone up again for that or could Dwayne do that through here? I'm working from 8-12 so by the time i'm back you'll probably have closed for the weekend :p
I'm just utterly mystified as to why it ALWAYS shows 4GB on a cold startup, stability issue I guess? I read somewhere else that Kingston users aren't getting this problem. So let's hope for the best aye?

W

WR

Morning Slenious, il see what i can setup for you. It would have been better to fire us in a quick email letting us know as the forums are not guaranteed to be checked constantly. We will let you know by the time we leave today or first thing Monday morning. Cheers - Wayne ;)

W

WR

Would you be able to give us a call on 0844499400 so we can just go through a couple of things, we are open untill 1PM today in the call centre.

Sleinous

Author Level
With4 mins to spare I just managed to catch ya'll in time :p I notice the Kingstons operate on a 5 5 5 15 timing or something, would that possibly be why they dont seem to be prone to the same problems with the x58 chipsets?

Sleinous

Author Level
ok rebooted in morning, still 6GB :) Also downloaded the new update from ASUS (seems they chose to rebrand it as 0901 instead of 1002 xD
was good I did that coz it then reset XMP to the Kingston profile (was only 1.2v for QPI instead of the required 1.4v for Kingston). Still was working though and still is :D
Let's hope it stays that way.