ASUS ROG Strix 3080

Bliss

I hadn't planned to make an account but today was a rather exciting day. 136 working days and finally awaiting dispatch! Hoping the best for others suffering the long gruelling wait for the rog 3080
z948.png

bungchow

Bronze Level Poster
Yeah, great. Just missing the promotional items from the gpu and ssd. Probably due to 7 month wait.
ah that sucks. i was really hoping they'd still be usable. i'd heard the ssd one had expired but kinda shocked the gpu one is as well. i know it says this can happen in the terms and conditions but in my humble opinion its lame :(

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
ah that sucks. i was really hoping they'd still be usable. i'd heard the ssd one had expired but kinda shocked the gpu one is as well. i know it says this can happen in the terms and conditions but in my humble opinion its lame :(
They’re not set by PCS at all, they’re set by the component manufacturer, it’s nothing PCS have any control over.

bungchow

Bronze Level Poster
They’re not set by PCS at all, they’re set by the component manufacturer, it’s nothing PCS have any control over.
i understand this and as i said i read the t&cs before ordering so was aware of this as a possible outcome.

however, unfortunately, it remains to be lame regardless of who set the expiry.

you need not raise your banner for PCS i wasn't trying to criticise their practices.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
however, unfortunately, it remains to be lame regardless of who set the expiry.
Everything has an expiry date, except possibly the Universe - the jury is still out on that one. It's unfortunate that you seem to have passed the expiry dates and I appreciate that you're disappointed, but that doesn't make the process lame. Not everything in life that doesn't suit you is necessarily lame.

bungchow

Bronze Level Poster
Not everything in life that doesn't suit you is necessarily lame.
and not everything in life that suits you is necessarily good.

I'm just lamenting a good thing lost to unavoidable circumstance, not lampooning "process", PCS themselves or even the manufacturers of the products that come with timed-offer codes. I like many others feel disappointed, as you realise, and calling something lame doesn't mean im throwing my toys out the pram about it :D

Sergiu0588

and not everything in life that suits you is necessarily good.

I'm just lamenting a good thing lost to unavoidable circumstance, not lampooning "process", PCS themselves or even the manufacturers of the products that come with timed-offer codes. I like many others feel disappointed, as you realise, and calling something lame doesn't mean im throwing my toys out the pram about it :D
To be honest, the only thing to blame PCS will be the fact that they haven't offered the codes to the customers before the expiration date even if the system is not built or ready to dispatch yet. At the end of the day, they have thousands of our money in their bank account since months ago and they could have just charged full price for the games in case some of us cancelled some of the orders or something like that.

I don't know, I hope what I'm saying make any sens, it's just my opinion about this, please don't kill me! 😬

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
To be honest, the only thing to blame PCS will be the fact that they haven't offered the codes to the customers before the expiration date even if the system is not built or ready to dispatch yet. At the end of the day, they have thousands of our money in their bank account since months ago and they could have just charged full price for the games in case some of us cancelled some of the orders or something like that.

I don't know, I hope what I'm saying make any sens, it's just my opinion about this, please don't kill me! 😬
You can’t redeem the offer as it’s tied to the hardware ID of the component, so you wouldn’t be able to redeem it without doing it on the system. It’s literally nothing PCS have any control over.

Sergiu0588

You can’t redeem the offer as it’s tied to the hardware ID of the component, so you wouldn’t be able to redeem it without doing it on the system. It’s literally nothing PCS have any control over.
If this is the case it make sense! I thought it's just a Steam code/voucher that it is offered to everyone that buys one of them specific components, etc.

Twigg123

I inquired about this when i ordered my PC way back whenever that was and I was told the codes that they get come in with the individual cards so even if they could send the codes over PCS don't actually have them.

If anything it is the component manufacturer who should be issuing these out before the component arrives. However ironically I know say for the NVIDIA graphics cards you need to redeem your codes using a machine with the registered GPU installed, so it is locked, which i thought is a twisted marketing scheme as they offer a year free for their game streaming service only when you have their GPU of which you have just bought that you know can handle the games you want anyway, so their is no need for NVIDIA GeForce Now.

Always thought it'd be nice to get GeForce Now before the GPUs arrive but nope, they wont allow that until you have your GPU of which is powerful enough that you wont use GeForve Now anyways.

Sorry for the rant, just thought it was twisted, feel bad for PCS having to deal with it.

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
All of this is made quite clear in the terms and conditions that you agree to when you place your order:

Promotions​

4.1Promotions, such as game codes, vouchers, free items and rebates are subject to availability. Promotions can be terminated at any time and without notice.
4.2We will endeavour to honour all promotions but we cannot be held liable where promotions expire, are discontinued, terminated or unavailable.
4.3In rare circumstances promotions may expire after the point of ordering and before the order is dispatched to you. We cannot be held responsible in these circumstances.
4.4Promotions have a cash value of £0.01.