ASUS ROG Strix 3080

Sergiu0588

Did you guys received the email from PCS in regards with upgrading to 3080 TI or ROG STRIX 3080 TI?
If yes, what is your opinion about this?

Firstly no I did not (maybe because I have gone into building) but price wise it is not worth it, the performance increase is small compared to the price increase. If it speeds up receiving the item then it may be worth it for some just for the jumping of the queue though I have not received the emails so I could not say if this would happen.

Sergiu0588

Firstly no I did not (maybe because I have gone into building) but price wise it is not worth it, the performance increase is small compared to the price increase. If it speeds up receiving the item then it may be worth it for some just for the jumping of the queue though I have not received the emails so I could not say if this would happen.
To keep it short, they told me I can upgrade to Founders Edition 3080 TI for £354 extra or to ROG STRIX 3080 TI for £611 extra and I can go into build in a few days max 1 week. FYI, I'm 103 day in pre-production right now.

Assuming demand is still outstripping supply and knowing people are currently going into build on about day 136 then we can assume you have at least 32 working days to wait (just over 6 weeks). The FE TI should be better than the STRIX 3080 sooo.. £59 / week to bring it forward? Just some napkin maths there.

Watch some videos on how good the 3080 TI is, decide if the cash is worth the small performance boost and reduction in time and make your decision.

I have just gone into testing by the way so I am very happy at the moment. Fingers crossed for no issues!

Sergiu0588

Assuming demand is still outstripping supply and knowing people are currently going into build on about day 136 then we can assume you have at least 32 working days to wait (just over 6 weeks). The FE TI should be better than the STRIX 3080 sooo.. £59 / week to bring it forward? Just some napkin maths there.

Watch some videos on how good the 3080 TI is, decide if the cash is worth the small performance boost and reduction in time and make your decision.

I have just gone into testing by the way so I am very happy at the moment. Fingers crossed for no issues!
Very happy to hear that! I hope you will enjoy the computer!

Something that confused me a lot was the fact that I have rang PCS 10 min after receiving the email and told them I'm actually willing to upgrade to the Rog strix TI version and they have told me not to do it as I'm "very high" in the queue apparently and I shold go into building in 2 weeks time, not sure how this is possible. Really don't know what to do now...lol. 🤦‍♂️

Twigg123

This has got me intrigued, i don't know if the extra £600 is worth it, i know for 4k gaming it can make a big difference but for HD its not that noticeable, but have pcs really said its within 2 weeks of you going into building? as I myself am on 113 today, i dont really know what to think of this its almost too good to be true, i was expecting a lot longer wait

Twigg123

Did you guys received the email from PCS in regards with upgrading to 3080 TI or ROG STRIX 3080 TI?
If yes, what is your opinion about this?
Has anyone had this email, as i haven't received it either?

Out of curiosity when did you receive the email?

Sergiu0588

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210609-155953_Email.jpg
    Screenshot_20210609-155953_Email.jpg
    384.9 KB · Views: 165

Twigg123

Thanks for that, giving me a little hope, might give them a call too and see what the situation is with my own card

Sergiu0588

Thanks for that, giving me a little hope, might give them a call too and see what the situation is with my own card
I'm not sure what's going on but if they' ve told me I'm very high in the queue at 103 days and I should go into building in 2 weeks...maybe you almost have your GPU assigned and that's why you haven't got the email.

Twigg123

Just called up and got a very similar story, apparently I’ve had my parts assigned to my pc, which on their front is preparing to build and I got told it could go into build later this week or early next week 🎉🎉

JediMonsoon

Gold Level Poster
Just called up and got a very similar story, apparently I’ve had my parts assigned to my pc, which on their front is preparing to build and I got told it could go into build later this week or early next week 🎉🎉
How many days are you waiting now?