Asus strix rtx 3090 overclock help

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
I'm not sure. You would need to contact PCS to ask. It's an expensive couple of FPS regardless. The card should boost quite happily on its own.

HSBilling

I'm not sure. You would need to contact PCS to ask. It's an expensive couple of FPS regardless. The card should boost quite happily on its own.
Ok because i dropped SLI and will only use single rtx 3090. In red dead redemption people are getting about 28 to 30 fps I just wanted a few more fps. I only have a 8k monitor and sold my 4k one. Do you also know how to activate dsr option in nvidia control as I dont have the option on the 8k monitor it doesn't give me the option to scale down like the 4k did?

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Apparently OP has double 3090s according to a previous thread so god only knows why applying an OC is necessary.

HSBilling

Here's the relevant thread:

Thanks for that

HSBilling

Apparently OP has double 3090s according to a previous thread so god only knows why applying an OC is necessary.
I dont have anymore as tech team said they cant get hold of nvlink bridge. So I got a refund for the second one and keeping the first one

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Overclocking the card isn't going to net you much unfortunately. I don't think we are at 8k gaming levels yet, it was a marketing ploy more than anything for me. Always nice to see what tech can do etc, but for a good gaming experience 4k or Super Ultrawide would be the preference.

You should be able to scale 4k from the menu options of the game though. That's unusual.

To throw some maths atcha, if you managed to get 10% more performance from the OC you would go from 28fps to 31fps, not really a dent. The only time an OC is going to offer anything is when you're looking to get percentage gains above 60fps.

scarpa1

Enthusiast
Liquid series builds come with OC gpu's, everything is OC. Is the OP's custom loop or the all in one cooler's? Perhaps the GPU is already OC to a optimized level and anymore wont see much gain.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Liquid series builds come with OC gpu's, everything is OC. Is the OP's custom loop or the all in one cooler's? Perhaps the GPU is already OC to a optimized level and anymore wont see much gain.
It's a factory overclock, not a manual one, it's an overclocked card.

Gavras

Master Poster
The thing I would be very wary with over clocking the new 3000 cards, is the driver release reduced the overall performance to reduce risk of cap failure.

not saying it will do anything, but if a manufacturer throttles its own cards....