Audio Problem

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
It's not magic! The Hardware ID display shows the VEN and DEV identifiers (in hex), you can search for these in one of the many PCI Databases available online (search for 'PCI Database').

The VEN identifier (10DE in this case) identifies the vendor of the hardware device. In this case it's NVIDIA, so the unknown device is something related to your graphics card. The DEV identifier (1AD9 in this case) identifies the individual hardware device. In this case 1AD9 doesn't exist in any of the PCI databases I've searched. That's not uncommon, it probably just means it's a device that hasn't made it into the databases just yet.

However, a web search for (VEN 10DE DEV 1AD9) resulted in a number of hits, most of them third-party sites trying to get you to download their driver. DON'T DOWNLOAD ANY OF THESE DRIVERS. It does seem from these sites however that the device is the NVIDIA USB Type-C Port Policy Controller. The device thus seems to be a USB Type-C port on your graphics card.

I see you supplied your own graphics card, if you tell us the exact make and model some of those more knowledgeable about graphics cards than I may be able to help you, but it sounds to me like you don't have the right driver for your card installed and that might explain your audio issues....?

Last edited:

zapaz

Well there doesnt appear to have any USB Type-C ports on the card

maybe thes may be wrong drivers
431.68-desktop-notebook-win10-64bit-international.hf, should of been the RTX 431.60-desktop-win10-64bit-international-whql or will that make no difference,if so how do i change,do i use DDU?

Attachments

• screenshot-hkftp.zotac.com-2019.08.17-12_24_50.png
    screenshot-hkftp.zotac.com-2019.08.17-12_24_50.png
    230.3 KB · Views: 273
Last edited:

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Well there doesnt appear to have any USB Type-C ports on the card
I'm not guaranteeing the USB port device identity because that's come from unconfirmed websites, although I found several sites that said the same thing. I am very confident of the VEN identity however, there's no doubt that VEN 10DE is NVIDIA, so it's definitely something on that card.....

Try searching for VEN 10DE DEV 1AD9 yourself and see whether that helps?

zapaz

I'm not that technical,i havent a scooby do about stuff like that,but thanks any way
I sorted the audio thing out,when i put the new audio drivers from the gigabyte website it installed a realtek audio console,a little bit of trial and error and it worked

So it has nothing to do with the vidio driver being a notebook version?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I'm not that technical,i havent a scooby do about stuff like that,but thanks any way
I sorted the audio thing out,when i put the new audio drivers from the gigabyte website it installed a realtek audio console,a little bit of trial and error and it worked

So it has nothing to do with the vidio driver being a notebook version?
I would use ddu, then install drivers from here: