Awaiting dispatch..

salg04086

Silver Level Poster
Nope! I called and was told it was going to get shipped today..

Nothing..

Its not even a complicated order.. a mobo.. psu.. ram.. and proc in a bog standard case. And a single m.2

This shouldn't take 8+ days
I have written a complaint to PCS customer service and raised this directly with them...I hate having to complain however I felt that they need to understand that poor communication is not acceptable. The best option is to speak to PCS direct on the phone with them.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Nope! I called and was told it was going to get shipped today..

Nothing..
It's not up to PCS, it's down to the courier as to when they are able to collect it. They only have so much space on the truck and you're in a queue like everyone else.

Its not even a complicated order.. a mobo.. psu.. ram.. and proc in a bog standard case. And a single m.2
What does this even mean? It's a PC? All PCs are built from the same components, absolutely pointless thing to say.

This shouldn't take 8+ days
You said it was awaiting despatch as of wednesday last week. How is that 8 days. Couriers don't collect on weekends, so that's 4 days in actual fact.

Just have a little patience.

Last edited:

WAveDavex

It's not up to PCS, it's down to the courier as to when they are able to collect it. They only have so much space on the truck and you're in a queue like everyone else.

What does this even mean? It's a PC? All PCs are built from the same components, absolutely pointless thing to say.

You said it was awaiting despatch as of wednesday last week. How is that 8 days. Couriers don't collect on weekends, so that's 4 days in actual fact.

Just have a little patience.
I know the basic components of a pc mate chill out. I didnt order a top of the line machine with leds. Watercooling. Or a gpu (as thats a different packing technique. You know for a fact that a custom pc with more niche components and customizations takes longer then a barebones with the minimal cable management (legit.. connect the 24 pin.. the 4 pin.. and case buttons thats my machine done) versus multiple drives and 8 fans and a gpu and aio?

Having a little patience is all well and good but when there own website says that its generally dispatched in <1 day customers tend to take that into account so if its not accurate dont promise it?

Also fedex.. a company that ships litteral millions worth of packages every day.. doesnt have truck space? I work with logistics on a daily basis and i send packages on a daily basis. That is a lame excuse.

If i managed to get a gpu sent from the netherlands to ireland in a space of 3 days (airfreight for the win) a machine can be loaded in a trailer and sent across the pond

At the very least.. update me as a customer and dont make promises you cant keep

WAveDavex

I have written a complaint to PCS customer service and raised this directly with them...I hate having to complain however I felt that they need to understand that poor communication is not acceptable. The best option is to speak to PCS direct on the phone with them.
Spoke to them today. They assured me it would be dispatched today. Go figure..

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Having a little patience is all well and good but when there own website says that its generally dispatched in <1 day customers tend to take that into account so if its not accurate dont promise it?
Read the banner on their homepage, it clearly outlines that there are delays across the board at the moment. You also agreed to read the stickies in the forum when you joined and its clearly outlined all throughout the stickies.

I really don’t understand some people, it’s like they haven’t been a part of everyday society over the last year. Royal Mail 1st class now takes 2 days, Amazon prime takes 2 or 3 days, need I go on.

Also fedex.. a company that ships litteral millions worth of packages every day.. doesnt have truck space? I work with logistics on a daily basis and i send packages on a daily basis. That is a lame excuse.
It’s not an excuse at all, it’s the way things are. It’s reality. You say you’re in logistics then you should know full well every delivery company is working to a backlog currently.

Spoke to them today. They assured me it would be dispatched today. Go figure..
Again it’s not up to PCS, it’s down to FedEx.

I’ve issued you a warning, you’re fine to bring up issues with communication, but this is just undue negativity and complete lack of understanding of the real world order at the moment.

And so your prepared, you’ll be waiting a week or so for delivery to Ireland.

Last edited:

WAveDavex

You gave me a warning for following the advice i was given. Then once i followed that advice i got a promise made to me and that was broken. And i get a warning for letting other people know my experience based on the feedback given?

Clearly this forum is not meant for sharing feedback about user experiences (not the negative ones anyway) and ill lodge a formal complaint with PCS in that case.

You dont have to kick me out ill leave on my own accord

Citrus_9

Expert
I know the basic components of a pc mate chill out. I didnt order a top of the line machine with leds. Watercooling. Or a gpu (as thats a different packing technique. You know for a fact that a custom pc with more niche components and customizations takes longer then a barebones with the minimal cable management (legit.. connect the 24 pin.. the 4 pin.. and case buttons thats my machine done) versus multiple drives and 8 fans and a gpu and aio?

If i managed to get a gpu sent from the netherlands to ireland in a space of 3 days (airfreight for the win) a machine can be loaded in a trailer and sent across the pond

At the very least.. update me as a customer and dont make promises you cant keep
I have noticed that people who work in any industry and having a real live experience related to that industry, often rise higher expectations thinking that standards, managing and specifics are same and universal in all of the planet. GPU is small, PC is big. Different size. Couriers may prioritise packages due to capacity. Even Irish An Post prioritise small envelopes while large ones can take a week to be delivered from any address in Dublin to any address in Dublin.

It doesn't make a big difference if a PC is AIO or not, it still needs to be assembled and tested, and order need to wait in a queue as anyone else's. Things changed due to Covid in many businesses and it's widely discussed and explained in this forum (in sticky thread particularly). Situation is actually much better this year comparing to last year's lead times.

For example, before Brexit, Amazon used to send things to Ireland within days while now, depending on a package size and if Amazon doesn't have that item in Ireland (yes, Amazon has warehouses in Ireland, just not all items are in, they're currently building one more in Dublin 15 area), it could take even a week with Amazon Prime.

So, things happen, need to be patient and understanding. Don't forget that many people are now buying online and couriers, as many other businesses, are busy. It isn't so easy to hire and train people. Takes time for businesses to asses and decide to invest into growth etc etc...

Last edited by a moderator:

Citrus_9

Expert
You gave me a warning for following the advice i was given. Then once i followed that advice i got a promise made to me and that was broken. And i get a warning for letting other people know my experience based on the feedback given?

Clearly this forum is not meant for sharing feedback about user experiences (not the negative ones anyway) and ill lodge a formal complaint with PCS in that case.

You dont have to kick me out ill leave on my own accord
Nope, if I understood correctly, you got a warning for a poor communication and the escalation of the problem (in other words, talking to much, listening too little and still not going in to cooperative conversation). Just to point out, this forum isn't where PCS workers deal with customers. This is simply a community forum. We're not customers here. We're PC users, some of our PC's are from PCS.

If you read other peoples' complaints and negative feedback, you could see that there are much better ways to give a feedback. Rather you, seem, confront, not listen, being arrogant. Don't focus too much to your egoisting and egocentric needs, my advise. The world isn't just about you, things can and some do go wrong, but that doesn't mean that someone is doing it purposely with bad intentions ;)

P.s., I have also got a few warnings in this forum, but never complained about it, rather tried to learn from my own mistakes and improve the qualities of my own communication. Things simply happen...

Last edited:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
You are not sharing your experience, you're sharing unfounded opinions with the intention of making PCS look bad for things outside of their control, there's a big difference.

It's perfectly acceptable to say PCS need to work on their communication and state the reasons where they've fallen over. It's perfectly fine to say you ordered 5 day despatch and that wasn't met.

It's not ok to blame PCS for things completely outside of their control and make up baseless claims of why it's their fault. That's why the warning was issued and that was clearly stated in the DM to you. All that is is intentionally trying to tarnish PCS with no due cause, and that is against the forum rules which of course you read when you signed up to the forum as you agreed to (as you agree on any forum before you post).

Bento

Bronze Level Poster
Ireland here so fedex it is.. geuss ill wait but may ask for a refund in the express part of the order

Hi, I have the same issue. My order was supposed to arrive yesterday and now the status is on "pending" and I have no idea where it is. I'm also getting delivered in Ireland...Seems that there are issues between UK and Ireland at the moment. Probably BREXIT and all that...