Back-ups with Coolermaster 690 II Advanced

Tight Git

Bronze Level Poster
Just trying to get my head around the e-SATA external socket on the top of the Coolermaster 690 II Advanced case.

I'll be getting two 120Gb SSD's for my new computer, one for Win7 and one for FS2004 plus add-on's.

If I purchase a couple of 120GB SATA HDD's to use in the external socket, can I use Norton Ghost to copy the SSD's to each of the HDD's every week and so have a back-up for when things go pear shaped?

Can I boot from the Ghost rescue disk and then recover everything from the HDD back to the SSD?

Finally, although I've used Ghost for my current Win XP system, can the Win 7 back-up and restore do all I've mentioned above?

Sorry for what may seem a daft question, but my knowledge of computers leaves much to be desired!

Last edited:

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
Ive done the above with Win 7 back-up and restore, restoring the system twice now after two hard drive failures.
Never done it with SSD's,but I don't think there should be any problem.

Tight Git

Bronze Level Poster
Thinking further about the eSATA socket on the top of the 690 II case.

Will I need a motherboard like the Asus Sabretooth Z77 with eSATA outlets to take advatage of this, or will one of the lesser P8Z77 Mobo's be suitable, please?

Sorry for all the questions, but it's better to get everything correct before I order!