Bad Company 2 Is it worth getting?

Drunken Monkey

Author Level
I cant seem to get into crysis 2 at the moment, and was wondering if the PC version of bad company 2 is worth getting ? ... it's £20 on steam (i know its ten quid on play.com but i dont have space for retail discs anymore)

LFFPicard

Godlike
Bad company 2 is definatly worth it.
Bear in mind it is designed for ALOT of multiplayer gameplay so the single campaign is not as long as you would expect. I completed it in a weekend and was not constantly playing it. The single player story is really good though and I will be replaying it on hard.

The multiplayer is great, Evil Tactician and myself spent a good few hours last sunday playing it online and had a blast. Evil driving a tank while I sat in the gunner seat, I flew a helicopter a few times while he took the minigun station. We formed a squad and had 4-5 of us running around getting into skirmishes all over the map.
Multiplayer maps last a very nice amount of time so you have planty of time to get stuck in and learn the roles.

Check out the review on Evil Tacticians site. http://www.manapool.co.uk/battlefield-bad-company-2-review/

My advice. Get it.

JSG10

Expert
Yes yes yes. I've got it on the 360 and its most definitely worth buying.
I saw it on play earlier for a tenner and I'm thinking I'm going to have to buy it, especially if some of the guys from the forum have it! :) In fact... I'm gonna go order it now! :D

Killzoned

Bronze Level Poster
My personal opinion on the game

Single player campaign: One of the worst FPS campaign i've played

Multiplayer: Easily the best FPS i've played, I poured over 150 hours into the MP alone and i have never managed to reach maxed level which is 50 i was 35? and i considered myself to be the best on the PS3 lool

I really recommend it, this game multiplayer is such a beast

Last edited:

Evil Tactician

Gold Level Poster
@Killzoned - Odd, I personally found the single player campaign one of the best, if not the best campaign that I've played so far. Miles ahead of Halo 1/2/3, MW1/2, etc.

The multiplayer is fun but as a new player it can be extremely frustrating. It has none of the instant-satisfaction style gameplay that Modern Warfare 2 does so well. It's brilliant fun when your squad sticks together/you play with some friends but if you have a run of bad luck you'll end up getting farmed on a little corner of the map with little to no hope of being able to do anything about it. BFBC2 definitely from both a technical and depth pov is way ahead of Modern Warfare - but one should go into it in the knowledge that the first ~20 hours will consist of frustration and to a very large extend a lack of enjoyment compared to other shooters.

I am yet to find a weapon I actually like - mainly because anything half decent is locked away at the higher levels. It's somewhat of a pity as I can see myself liking BFBC2 a lot more than MW2 long-term, just at the moment I can't devote more than a few hours here and there as playing mainly consists of frustration. People sniping you with shotguns from a distance which barely lets you hit them with an assault rifle or SMG is just one aspect of this.

Drunken Monkey

Author Level
Okay i've done it, i've bought it on steam and the expansion (btw is vietnam any good?)
Edit add "TheNinjaMonkey" to your friends list ^.^

Last edited:

Fear

Prolific Poster
yeah vietnam is good just make sure you get in a vehicle and crank the music up not sure how busy the vietnam servers are now, when it first came out ours was full all night but i think a lot have gone back to the normal maps i could be wrong though as i have not played for a little while now.