Bad experience

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
It is not an accusation. It is a fact. I understand that people have to take me at face value on that, though I am asking no-one to believe me. I am hoping that at least they will consider the issue from my point of view because it is impossible for me to consider it any other way.

Even now I have received no attempt from PCS to discuss what has happened here, only that a technical issue has occurred. They have expressed no urgency and they have expressed no concern for my situation. So I feel, in my limited experience, that my trust and my money are better placed elsewhere. They are happy to give me a refund without any attempt to settle the matter other than to treat it as a returned PC that broke down. It is not. It is a broken PC that was never capable of booting and PCS have not yet fulfilled the order I made with them, despite having been in receipt of my money for nearly two months.

The PC has taken a very serious bash, and I believe they will see it happened prior to dispatch if they review their QA/security footage. I have not claimed any malice on anyone's part, and have accepted that people have bad days and sometimes make poor decisions. Yes I was angry at the time, but the help desk dealt with it well, though they made promises that were neither fulfilled nor attempted to be fulfilled, and decided not to engage with me to discuss the matter.

So I want my money back.

Even now I have no general criticism of PCS. I am merely saying that their after sale standards of care, in the face of a rarely occurring problem, are below that which I find acceptible. I fully understand that on another day I would have been fully satisfied and singing their praises.
I personally think this is all fair.

It’s a real shame, I do think if it was business as usual and not during all this COVID madness, it would have been a different story, and I’m not saying that to excuse PCS, just my general viewpoint over forum posts over this year both positive and negative.

I’d really like for @oldhobber to be able to update us until he has a satisfactory outcome.

Tony1044

Prolific Poster
I don't. Facts are irrefutable. There is actually evidence. This is just accusations based on a feeling of what happened.

oldhobber

It is a fact that I have not received a working PC. You do not have to believe that if you do not wish to, but thankfully PCS have accepted that fact.

Tony1044

Prolific Poster
It is a fact that I have not received a working PC. You do not have to believe that if you do not wish to, but thankfully PCS have accepted that fact.
I fully accept that. I don't accept that it was packed damaged without proof.

I don't accept that the hundreds of happy customers are all accepting sub- standard products.

Gavras

Master Poster
Having read through this, there should be no reason that the OP cannot get his money back.

As to how the damage occurred, likely only the person involved knows.

very few companies have active cctv operating inside the company, in the case of PCS I can understand if they do not, as would be horrible for staff, low paid and monitored throughout their working day, it’s not 1984 nor is it a company needing DV clearance.

in no way saying this applies to the OP, however it is important to remember this, no matter the website or forum.

There has been an increase in very constructive negative reviews either on a suppliers own site or forum, some is believed to be just random trolling, however some is believed to have been targeted from competitors.

just for info, there has also been a huge increase in Vishing, mainly exploiting potential home workers but also companies working during lockdown and Covid restrictions.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Having read through this, there should be no reason that the OP cannot get his money back.

As to how the damage occurred, likely only the person involved knows.

very few companies have active cctv operating inside the company, in the case of PCS I can understand if they do not, as would be horrible for staff, low paid and monitored throughout their working day, it’s not 1984 nor is it a company needing DV clearance.

in no way saying this applies to the OP, however it is important to remember this, no matter the website or forum.

There has been an increase in very constructive negative reviews either on a suppliers own site or forum, some is believed to be just random trolling, however some is believed to have been targeted from competitors.

just for info, there has also been a huge increase in Vishing, mainly exploiting potential home workers but also companies working during lockdown and Covid restrictions.
This thread is in danger of drifting into unsavoury and unwarranted areas I fear.

There is for example, no evidence at all that PCS staff are low paid nor that PCS staff working from home have been subject to phishing, vishing (or smishing) attacks. There is no evidence that PCS use CCTV cameras inside their premises (and PCS have neither confirmed nor denied this) and there has also been no suggestion that the OP cannot get a refund.

Gavras

Master Poster
This thread is in danger of drifting into unsavoury and unwarranted areas I fear.

There is for example, no evidence at all that PCS staff are low paid nor that PCS staff working from home have been subject to phishing, vishing (or smishing) attacks. There is no evidence that PCS use CCTV cameras inside their premises (and PCS have neither confirmed nor denied this) and there has also been no suggestion that the OP cannot get a refund.

I was very much generalising on the vishing etc side of things, fear no, awareness yes, when people brand awareness as fear, then the bad people win. everyone should be aware this goes on without it being pushed under the fear blanket.

this I believe is an open forum where non of the moderators are directly or indirectly employed or provided benefits etc etc.

my comments where in no way directed at individuals or PCS directly nor its employees, bar the salary part which is factual.

i know the PC (electronics industry) from the industrial side of the fence, the going rate of pay from operators to team leaders (Leeds based salary range and UK in general).

Apologies that you took offence at where generalised Comments (I said any website or forum), non where intended.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
I was very much generalising on the vishing etc side of things, fear no, awareness yes, when people brand awareness as fear, then the bad people win. everyone should be aware this goes on without it being pushed under the fear blanket.

this I believe is an open forum where non of the moderators are directly or indirectly employed or provided benefits etc etc.

my comments where in no way directed at individuals or PCS directly nor its employees, bar the salary part which is factual.

i know the PC (electronics industry) from the industrial side of the fence, the going rate of pay from operators to team leaders (Leeds based salary range and UK in general).

Apologies that you took offence at where generalised Comments (I said any website or forum), non where intended.
No need to apologise and I wasn't offended. My post was for two reasons.

1. To make it clear that some of what you were saying was just blue sky thinking and was not based on any actual information about PCS.

2. We have to be careful not to allow this thread to drift too far from its main purpose.

This is an open forum but the moderators are expected to ensure that everyone plays nicely. It is I belive, more acceptable to the community to warn in advance against thread drift rather than be deleting posts later. :)

oldhobber

Only repeating what I was told by yhe PCS help desk. The whole process is recorded for quality assurance (QA) reasons, and I was told that this was a reason why they were confident that these things shouldn't happened prior to dispatch.

I believe, from my understanding of such things, that they are within their rights to do this. They would be lawfully restricted from using the footage to monitor the staff, but should a QA issue occur, the footage could be used retrospectively to resolve or inform the situation.

D

Deleted member 17413

Well I dont know about you, but i've lost all patience with this thread anyway.

Pro tip for the future...accusing people on a forum of having lower standards than you, becoming aggressive and stamping your foot down with "i know the law" and throwing around unproved theories and accusations is never going to speed anything up.

It will however drastically slow everything down, lose you any support you may have had and generally leave people disinterested in anything you have to say.

D

Deleted member 17413

In short... i genuinely suggest you learn some people management skills.

Thats not to be snarky, thats a honest suggestion that would make a positive impact for your future dealings with anyone.

oldhobber

Thats not to be snarky, thats a honest suggestion that would make a positive impact for your future dealings with anyone.
What a peculiar reaction.

I think it would be very much better for you if you didn't take a forum discussion so personally.

And if people are going to speculate, or suggest that I should ignore what PCS have told me and promised me, and that I should ignore the evidence of my own ears and eyes, then surely it is right that I explain why I feel I cannot do that.

This forum is so passive aggressive to say "Shut up and take what you are given" that I would agree, it has run its course. I can feel an underlying urge to shut the discussion down. This is absolutely clear in the language of a moderator, saying "I think this thread has overstayed it's welcome." If it is the job of a moderator to make such decisions, then it is not really a forum at all.

I would also like to let you know that it has no influence on PCS whatsoever. Twice I have been informed that the matter has been excaltated to customer care, and I can categorically tell you that PCS Customer services have made no attempt to contact me with regard to the matter.

Its two weeks since I phoned them to let them know they had delivered a broken PC.

If anyone thinks that is acceptable, good luck to you.

ASHENTI

Silver Level Poster
I think everyone has made their point. Flogging a dead horse now. In fairness to the Moderator I think they're perfectly within their right to lock this thread. It has over stayed it's welcome. Hope you get a satisfactory resolution.

Bronze Level Poster
This is absolutely clear in the language of a moderator, saying "I think this thread has overstayed it's welcome." If it is the job of a moderator to make such decisions, then it is not really a forum at all.
My goal with this comment was to raise awareness that this thread could get out of hand.

You are more than entitled to post your experiences on this forum. But i doubt any moderator would want a thread to get personal.

I personally thought it was getting a tad too personal with this comment here

D

Deleted member 17413

What a peculiar reaction.
I think it would be very much better for you if you didn't take a forum discussion so personally.
Then dont accuse people of having low standards - When you did that you made it personal, you cant fire the first shot and then act shocked that you get return fire.

This forum is so passive aggressive to say "Shut up and take what you are given" that I would agree, it has run its course. I can feel an underlying urge to shut the discussion down.
No one has said this, what they have said is (to sum it up) think about the situation at the moment and use a little more empathy, compassion and understanding in your dealings, rather than trying to throw rule books and accusations at people.

This is absolutely clear in the language of a moderator, saying "I think this thread has overstayed it's welcome." If it is the job of a moderator to make such decisions, then it is not really a forum at all.
No moderator has said that, closest you get is a mod who said they were inclined to agree.... no locked thread though, or deleted posts, or edits...

I would also like to let you know that it has no influence on PCS whatsoever. Twice I have been informed that the matter has been excaltated to customer care, and I can categorically tell you that PCS Customer services have made no attempt to contact me with regard to the matter.

Its two weeks since I phoned them to let them know they had delivered a broken PC.
You reap what you sow.
Would not be surprised if the moment you started trying to be "smart" with them and mentioned legal, you went right to the bottom of the pile.
Possibly even referred over to their legal department to be dealt with, any chance of a quick resolution went the moment you did this.

If you want fast now, you have one option, contact them in writing, tell them you dont want the machine and that they have 14 days to refund your money. Thats it.

If anyone thinks that is acceptable, good luck to you.
Back to what i just said before...you reap what you sow...
I had issues with my build, however I didnt take the approach you did.
It was sorted out in less than 2 weeks, priority build then done within 5 days along with an extended warranty, an apology and a promise to deal with any transportation costs within the total 3 year period.

Its amazing what you can achieve when you remain objective, courteous, empathetic and demonstrate patience.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 17413

I personally thought it was getting a tad too personal with this comment here

Ill admit, maybe it was a little heated in the response, but its not unfair comment.
The OP pushed the direction of the thread (same as he pushed the direction of his dealings with PCS) and then acted like he had no responsibility in that at all.

Personally, those types of people tend to be the ones i lose patience with first.

Anyway, ive said my piece, i'll leave it at that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.