Battery wear

Ticktock

Hi all
I know Iv'e raised this question before but I'm really concerned about this issue. PCS replaced my battery in January as my new laptop was showing high wear. The new one after 25 recharge cycles is displaying 20% wear with HWMonitor. This seems ridiculous to me-has anybody else had this problem? Regards Ticktock

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
I wouldn't worry too much about reports of the batteries health from any software,
In my experience the battery will outlast any other components.

Ticktock

Hi vanthus thanks for reply. The thing that I'm worried about is how long the battery is lasting on charge. Below is the readout from HWMonitor:

Voltage 0 12.46 Volts [0x30B0] (Current Voltage)
Capacity 0 62160 mWh [0xF2D0] (Designed Capacity)
Capacity 1 50094 mWh [0xC3AE] (Full Charge Capacity)
Capacity 2 48896 mWh [0xBF00] (Current Capacity)
Level 0 20 pc [0x50] (Wear Level)
Level 1 98 pc [0x61] (Charge Level)

As you can see the Wear Level equates with Full Charge Capacity- it's nearly down to standard size battery - I'm asking myself why I bothered purchasing the larger one!
Thought very welcome.

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
Ah,I see what you mean,is the charged battery actually not lasting as long in practice as it did previously?
I know it depends on what your doing,sorry not much help I know.

Ticktock

Reply to vanthus
Not sure as many variables- even if cooling fan is running or not- that's why Iv'e been using HWMonitor to try and get some guide to battery condition. Incidentally, my wife's three year old Samsung Netbook is only displaying 9% wear! I wonder how good Clevo batteries are?

Last edited:

Finn

Enthusiast
"mains with" sorry phone auto complete (I edited my post but you must have seen it before)