Battlefield 3, anyone like the campaign?

Drunken Monkey

Author Level
From operation guillotine onwards it's pretty epic...

even though for me the jet mission "going hunting" was one of the worst piles of **** i've ever played, i needed about 8 cups of coffee and a packet of skips just to stay awake ;(

Dark79

Silver Level Poster
I don't think it's that great yet, only played for around half an hour so will give it time, the first qte sequence was pretty lame, pressing e to knee and push someone then left click once to throw half a dozen punches may aswell have just been a cutscene, but I spose this games more about the multiplayer, mw3 single player it is then, hope I prove mmysef wrong....

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
I dont like battle log at all, makes it feel like a free game

Why does it make it feel like a free game? I honestly fail to understand what the problem with it is, I know people don't like change, but the way you connect to a game is identical, you search for a game room, you click join, once you've joined you click the button to goto game (as soon as your ready) and you start playing.

Surely it should be viewed as good or bad on wether it does what it is meant to do. The fact you feel it makes it feel like a free game surely is irrelevant if it performs the task well. In my experience I have not had a single problem with it. The view I guess I take on things like this is I am pleased to see new ways of doing things IF it benefits the user, and in my opinion I think this greatly improves both stats viewing and lobby viewing. Using HTML technologies means new features can be implemented without using patches for a start, stats viewing is extremely quick to access and can be bookmarked, u can even copy and paste links to others profiles if you want to show someone something, plus many more features. All things that are very difficult to do with an in game browser.

rabtech

In reply to the OP, the single player campaign is short but gets you into the feel of the multiplayer with the different weapons/vehicles etc.

My ratings for single player campaigns on FPS's in the last few years:

1. COD - Modern Warfare
2. Bad Company 2
3. COD - Modern Warfare 2
4. Red Faction - Armageddon
5. Battlefield 3
6. COD - Black Ops

COD has traditionally been good at the single player aspect, lots of people like the multiplayer but it has too many campers. Camp in Battlefield and you get a shell in your face, run over, bombed by jets, wasted by a helo cannon etc :)

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
Is anyone using dolby digital live? if so is it working?

Not tried my mauin speakers yet so not sure. Gonna try my X41's in a sec though :D

OMG though, the graphics are insane lol. Not bothered with single player yet though. Anyone fancy coop?

MadMan

Super Star
I would but Im still downloading it :(. PCS should now add origin user names as well. Mines zMADMAN-247

JSG10

Expert
I'm running everything on Ultra :D I'm suprised, didn't think the 470 would manage it but it does, and quite easily :) Although it does make quite a lot of noise! Not that that's really a problem with my headphones on.

Just looks and sounds amazing, not played the campaign a great deal but MP is epic even with DC issues which seem to have been smoothed out somewhat.

I'm undecided on the battlelog, I like a lot of aspects of it but I don't like having to launch my game from a webbrowser, I just find it irritating and if I click my BF3 shortcut I actually want it to load BF3 not my webbrowser lol

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
yeah running ultra, it doesnt like surround that much though, if i drop the AA it plays fine in surround but keeping every setting maxed the frames drop quite a bit across the 3 screens.

Also surround has not been implemented properly, not really sure what theyve done but the menus are completely messed up, for starters when you load the game in surround but havent yet changed the resolution, the menu appears off the screen so you have to trial and error to change res. Once res is changed the mouse doesnt point to where the buttons actually are on the screen either and i found my hud drifting off to the left too so they end up offset from the centre. It plays awesome in surround though, looks lovely, great FOV etc, just ill be stickin to single screen till they release some proper surroudn support.

Dark79

Silver Level Poster
I don't think it's that great yet, only played for around half an hour so will give it time, mw3 single player it is then, hope I prove mmysef wrong....

I have indeed proved myself wrong, absolutely loving the single player, the best graphics ive seen by far and very enjoyable, just playing on high preset as still looks stunning not that much difference than ultra, for those that have played it, the Paris mission blew me away with the police siren lights illuminating the streets.....bloody suuuuppperrrbb!!! Been watching band of brothers recently so already had my battle head on, pure quality. Dont know how gamespot can say the single player is disappointingly dull ? Obviously paid to say it.........For those that havnt played SP yet, you will not be disappointed.:)

NilSatis

Bright Spark
Im loving it so far. Runs great on ultra settings for me; no problems there. The campaign is pretty good to be honest; but I agree completely with Monkey on that mission "going hunting"; at first I was "wow!", then "oh!?", and then "meh..."; and finally "FFS!!??....why has this not ended yet". But so far so good. :)

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
Me an NMEBowen playing the coop at the moment, blumin brilliant, especially as were both on headset so can coordinate sniping etc. Deffinatrely worth playin.

MeveM

Bright Spark
When I buy a FPS, I always play through singleplayer first, to get a feel for the weapons and controls etc. I swapped to multiplayer after 10 minutes of singleplayer. Got so bored, I'm now in guillotine mission just taken out some tanks but it's rather pathetic how the snipers in the 4 windows on the big building keeps getting replaced, no matter how many you kill, that's the type of vibe I get from singleplayer, half arsed, I feel sorry for anyone that's bought BF3 as a singleplayer game, I know someone who has, my mates dad enjoys his war games but dont understand multiplayer, that's some wasted money right there.

But who knows, might get better?

Multiplayer 5 Star
Singleplayer 1 Star