Battlefield 3 Sniping Sucks !

MeveM

Bright Spark
You sir, are an arrogant douche.

And you seem to be unable to understand that you play it correctly, the other 99% don't. And yes, I've played plenty of sniper in all BF games, in fact, it used to be my favorite role for a long time. that doesn't change the fact that Dayve is right. MOST of the snipers/recons I've encountered in any Battlefield game don't care about game objectives. BFBC2 was the worst where you couldn't get past the first rush point because 90% of your team were sniping from a hill in your own base into theirs.

F3AR

And you seem to be unable to understand that you play it correctly, the other 99% don't. And yes, I've played plenty of sniper in all BF games, in fact, it used to be my favorite role for a long time. that doesn't change the fact that Dayve is right. MOST of the snipers/recons I've encountered in any Battlefield game don't care about game objectives. BFBC2 was the worst where you couldn't get past the first rush point because 90% of your team were sniping from a hill in your own base into theirs.

that comment wasn't even referring to his (and your) view on sniping, it was how he said "Yawn" about my post/opinion.

P.s, maybe you should play with a clan, with set snipers, set rushers ect?..

tom_gr7

Life Serving
lol, change of subject, started stacking those mines! OMG try it lol!

Last edited:

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
I use the SKS for recon atm...I like it. Its not super powerful long range headshot machine, but it works for me in my mid-range/ninja style recon :D

Mattyp

Enthusiast
I use the SKS for recon atm...I like it. Its not super powerful long range headshot machine, but it works for me in my mid-range/ninja style recon :D

I love playing Recon with a 4x Acog scope. It's far better than that nonsense bolt action rubbish :p

MeveM

Bright Spark
Best recon player I've encountered so far ran around with the US starter sniper with a normal x1 red dot scope and a silencer, rushing between buildings and whacking everyone up close, was completely dominating the kills and points in x amount of maps. tapping the mouse twice to kill someone was as fast as spraying with a assault rifle so just as effective and was deadly at all distances. Might give that a go myself sometime, looked like a fun and effective playstyle.

F3AR

The M98B is a bolt action, so i use it when im sitting @ one side of the map and defending in rush.

Get around 20 kills a match, about 15 of those from people sitting still planting :D

Now imma start using MG's, until MW3 comes out. (DONT JUDGE ME!)

and yes, i will quickscope in that game :p