Battlefield 3 Sniping Sucks !

F3AR

You See, i think snipers are nerf'd like farck,
i mean, an M40 can kill someone by a headshot at over 2 miles, but on battlefield, even hardcore, they take two shots to the chest downwards.

Also, Bullet drop, it doesnt happen on Machine guns atall, so why does it drop a good 2 foot after 100 yards. i mean seriously..

and, yeah, im waiting for Mw3. BF3 let me down TBH :(

liamnic2

Super Star
You See, i think snipers are nerf'd like farck,
i mean, an M40 can kill someone by a headshot at over 2 miles, but on battlefield, even hardcore, they take two shots to the chest downwards.

Also, Bullet drop, it doesnt happen on Machine guns atall, so why does it drop a good 2 foot after 100 yards. i mean seriously..

and, yeah, im waiting for Mw3. BF3 let me down TBH :(

I had a sniping code in the bf3 beta with the sv98. If a target is running and he is shot in the chest/head, he's dead. Now it means nothing even in hardcore.

Dayve

I wouldn't know if sniping sucks because I wouldn't lower myself to using a sniper rifle in any MP game, but if it does suck then you've only yourselves to blame. DICE know that the majority of players think sniping is cool and want to be cool like the snipers. They know that, on a 64 server, about half of each team are going to be snipers. Half of each team who care nothing about defending or attacking flags, just acting cool with their sniper rifle. If a sniper defends or attacks a flag, it's by accident when they're getting in to position to start being cool with the cool sniper rifle.

Perhaps they want to discourage people from using that completely pointless and anti-teamplay class so that the game is played as intended, as a tactical game, not as one that is solely about getting kills like CoD.

MeveM

Bright Spark
I wouldn't know if sniping sucks because I wouldn't lower myself to using a sniper rifle in any MP game, but if it does suck then you've only yourselves to blame. DICE know that the majority of players think sniping is cool and want to be cool like the snipers. They know that, on a 64 server, about half of each team are going to be snipers. Half of each team who care nothing about defending or attacking flags, just acting cool with their sniper rifle. If a sniper defends or attacks a flag, it's by accident when they're getting in to position to start being cool with the cool sniper rifle.

Perhaps they want to discourage people from using that completely pointless and anti-teamplay class so that the game is played as intended, as a tactical game, not as one that is solely about getting kills like CoD.

*Applaud and +rep* Couldn't have said it better myself. However, you do get the odd good one that gets involved and helps out with spawn points, and help defend by sniping from the flag point. Caspian Boarder for example, I always take and defend Hilltop, can shoot into 3 other flag points, and can defend it easily from people coming from those 3 points. (I do so as support though! :p Suppressing fire points is awesome to get.)

Last edited:

liamnic2

Super Star

What are you talking about ? Sniping can be a tactical as being a medic. When I USED to snipe I was top of the leaderboards and I won every game. Not because I want kills but because I defended the bomb and helped my team. Sniping isnt low, some people cant even snipe at all, its now hard to run around with an m4 and get some kills or heal your team. Do you think any person can snipe ? hell no. Snipers can make as much an impact on a game as much as the engineer, assault or support class can. If a guy snipes from a hill miles away, let him. If he kills you its your own fault for not killing him. On Op-metro, when defending I sit behind the sandbags at B near the SAM's/missles and I protect the bomb with a SV98, whats soo low about that ? I think people who think sniping is low just have not seen it in its best form.

Dice had the perfect sniper settings in the beta but now because of losers who complain every time they get shot its horrible and unrealistic.

MeveM

Bright Spark
What are you talking about ? Sniping can be a tactical as being a medic. When I USED to snipe I was top of the leaderboards and I won every game. Not because I want kills but because I defended the bomb and helped my team. Sniping isnt low, some people cant even snipe at all, its now hard to run around with an m4 and get some kills or heal your team. Do you think any person can snipe ? hell no. Snipers can make as much an impact on a game as much as the engineer, assault or support class can. If a guy snipes from a hill miles away, let him. If he kills you its your own fault for not killing him. On Op-metro, when defending I sit behind the sandbags at B near the SAM's/missles and I protect the bomb with a SV98, whats soo low about that ? I think people who think sniping is low just have not seen it in its best form.

Dice had the perfect sniper settings in the beta but now because of losers who complain every time they get shot its horrible and unrealistic.

You might be doing it right, but the majority of recon players ruin it for the rest, by doing what Dayve has said. Sitting and sniping people in the middle of nowhere is what the majority does. It's not helpful. YOU might be doing it right, that doesn't mean the others are, and the others are making a much bigger impact to the game then the few of you who do it properly are.

Dayve

I probably should have mentioned in my last post that SOME people do actually use the kit correctly as part of the team, but it's so few in number that it really is barely worth mentioning. Nobody can deny it and keep a straight face, 99/100 people using the sniper rifle are dicks, looking for solo play in a multiplayer game, not interested in flags or anything team-based whatsoever.

I would fully support sniper rifles being buffed to all hell, 1-shot kill affairs, provided they were limited to 1, or at most 2 people per team, and provided that accuracy could only be achieved when laying prone or resting the gun on a wall with a tripod or whatever, and there was some real form of bullet drop. Then it would be like Red Orchestra 2. That was the only thing I liked about that ridiculous game, that snipers were brutally limited and it took skill to snipe.

F3AR

#sh** storm ensured.

Imma tell you what i do, then, imma tell you what you said.

Firstly, i use a sniper, i also capture flags, bases ect.
Secondly, I've never seen over 6 snipers in a 64 player match, myself included.
Thirdly, i do not act "cool" with my sniper rifle, i use it just like you use your overpowered M16, to kill people..
And finally, this line "If a sniper defends or attacks a flag, it's by accident when they're getting in to position to start being cool with the cool sniper rifle." sums up how arrogant you've just been in the whole post.

And now onto you :)
"I wouldn't know if sniping sucks because I wouldn't lower myself to using a sniper rifle in any MP game, but if it does suck then you've only yourselves to blame." Firstly, you wouldn't LOWER yourself? from what, your spray and prey standard?... This also shows how much your knowledge of sniper is, nothing, but yet you proclaim to know EXACTLY why a sniper snipes?
"DICE know that the majority of players think sniping is cool and want to be cool like the snipers." Plain B/S. and you know it.
"Half of each team who care nothing about defending or attacking flags, just acting cool with their sniper rifle." Generalization much? Nearly as bad as saying, wow, all those black men do is rob people.
" If a sniper defends or attacks a flag, it's by accident when they're getting in to position to start being cool with the cool sniper rifle." And yet again you know this how?
"Perhaps they want to discourage people from using that completely pointless and anti-teamplay class so that the game is played as intended, as a tactical game, not as one that is solely about getting kills like CoD." Jesus, your on a role here, Generalization after generalization, and nearly completely wrong.

Please, next time, don't speak unless you actually have ever actually played as a sniper.

/Rant over.

Dayve

#sh** storm ensured.

Imma tell you what i do, then, imma tell you what you said.

Firstly, i use a sniper, i also capture flags, bases ect.
Secondly, I've never seen over 6 snipers in a 64 player match, myself included.
Thirdly, i do not act "cool" with my sniper rifle, i use it just like you use your overpowered M16, to kill people..
And finally, this line "If a sniper defends or attacks a flag, it's by accident when they're getting in to position to start being cool with the cool sniper rifle." sums up how arrogant you've just been in the whole post.

And now onto you :)
"I wouldn't know if sniping sucks because I wouldn't lower myself to using a sniper rifle in any MP game, but if it does suck then you've only yourselves to blame." Firstly, you wouldn't LOWER yourself? from what, your spray and prey standard?... This also shows how much your knowledge of sniper is, nothing, but yet you proclaim to know EXACTLY why a sniper snipes?
"DICE know that the majority of players think sniping is cool and want to be cool like the snipers." Plain B/S. and you know it.
"Half of each team who care nothing about defending or attacking flags, just acting cool with their sniper rifle." Generalization much? Nearly as bad as saying, wow, all those black men do is rob people.
" If a sniper defends or attacks a flag, it's by accident when they're getting in to position to start being cool with the cool sniper rifle." And yet again you know this how?
"Perhaps they want to discourage people from using that completely pointless and anti-teamplay class so that the game is played as intended, as a tactical game, not as one that is solely about getting kills like CoD." Jesus, your on a role here, Generalization after generalization, and nearly completely wrong.

Please, next time, don't speak unless you actually have ever actually played as a sniper.

/Rant over.

Yawn. Half the people on my clans' 64 man server are snipers - Until we get the proper admin tools to limit this anti-teamplay, highly pointless class that attracts the type of people who care nothing about teamplay.

Fear

Prolific Poster
Yawn. Half the people on my clans' 64 man server are snipers - Until we get the proper admin tools to limit this anti-teamplay, highly pointless class that attracts the type of people who care nothing about teamplay.

You will find that restricting classes is against the bfroe and you run the risk of having your server shut down if you do, i sometimes enjoy playing the recon class just for snipeing which used correctly is as important as any other role so as it's an online multiplayer game people should be free to choose whatever they want to use not what you say so if you can't handle this then best bet is stick to single player, obviously a full team of snipers will not win but you have to deal with it it's a game.

Iceash

Bronze Level Poster
Unfortunatly wether it is in bf2 (bf3 is coming with new build) or any other game that involves other ppl you get the mentality of must kill the other players even if it is detremental to the mechanics of the game. in bf2 yes i would play a sniper about 50-60% of the time but i used my sniper to kill, move up, kill, move up until i could get to the cpature point and then sit and try to protect my team as they then captured the flag or if no team about then i would go in myself. other than that if someone complained about snipers on the hill it would then be my job to try and root them out. but as i mentioned this mentality goes into other games as well i also play my mmo's and in pvp where there is an objective only a small amount of ppl go for the objective the others have the fotm classes that is used just for killing. the amount of times i have seen teams have the most kills but lose due to ignoring what they are supposed to be doing is unbelievable. Unfortunatly this can then have an effect on how a class is perceived in a game and in the case of bf3 this has resulted in the op snipers that lot's of players were using in the beta being nerfed, this then causes a problem to those snipers that actually want to be part of the team.

Mattyp

Enthusiast
I blame the COD fans coming over to BF3 wanting to quickscope for the recon overuse currently. It'll balance itself out soon enough though.

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
I actually havent seen any recon overuse, if I had to pick a class that seems to be used more its assult, everyone picking up a gun to just run in and shoot no matter wether they die or not. This to me is far more of a problem in a team based game than snipers. As others have said though recon happens to have snipers in, the recon class itself is not a problem though.

I actually find just as many people sniping with actual snipers as I do with assult rifle and big scope. As for the snipers themseleves being rubbish, I gotta disagree, I dont play with them much, but when I have they havn;t been underpowered in the slightest, most of the time its 1 hit kills, then again most of the times I go for headshot.

Mattyp

Enthusiast
I think there are a lot less people playing recon than there were on day 1 now. People have realised that the sniping is fairly difficult and that they were needed up front a lot more. The recon class is definitely useful, the mobile spawn point is probably the most game changing of all the equipment in the game.

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
I think there are a lot less people playing recon than there were on day 1 now. People have realised that the sniping is fairly difficult and that they were needed up front a lot more. The recon class is definitely useful, the mobile spawn point is probably the most game changing of all the equipment in the game.

See I dont think its that game changing to be honest, mainly because you can spawn on your squad members anyway, generally one will be very near where you want to be. Also the fact that when you spawn on a squad member you spawn into the same position as them (ie. stand / crouch / prone ) which ensures you are in cover if they are).

Mattyp

Enthusiast
See I dont think its that game changing to be honest, mainly because you can spawn on your squad members anyway, generally one will be very near where you want to be. Also the fact that when you spawn on a squad member you spawn into the same position as them (ie. stand / crouch / prone ) which ensures you are in cover if they are).

But the mobile spawn point is a stationary, hard to spot target. It's a lot more discreet than spawning on a squad member, it most of the time is a 'safer' spawn point than your team mates. Plus when a whole squad is gunned down it stops them all having to spawn at deployment. I think it's a great addition, especially in Rush games :D

NMEBowen

Master Poster
its a weird one with mobile spawns they are good as you said when you want a stationary spawn point as you do when defending buildings but when out in the open you tend to parachute in from spawn points and this is bad. i use recon when the map allows it as in 300m+ kills but i have to have a nice spot or i wont play it unless ofcourse there is some gimp miles off killing me all the time then i tend to double the distance and headshot him just to point out how exposed he is. I have no favorite class really it just depends on what is most usefull at the time, though i do love to pitch up my tent now and again with the m249 and some claymore`s.

F3AR

You sir, are an arrogant douche.