Battlefield 3, weird CD install O.o

Kalisnoir

Super Star
Yeah, I've decided that if Amazon doesn't provide me with BF3 promptly tomorrow morning, i'll.. i'll... I dunno what i'll do but it wont be pretty!

However, they have said that the whole point in the Bad Company series was something to do with preparation for BF3, I think it was for their own benefit so they could get BF3 right or something like that (or so they say anyway) but even themselves don't class Bad Company as a "proper" Battlefield game.

Drunken Monkey

Author Level
this is the WORST INSTALL THING I HAVE GONE THROUGH... before i can start i have to validate the install on origin but the thing keeps telling me to try agian later -.-

suppose i could update my drivers :p

MeveM

Bright Spark
Anyone else stuck on the install? I enter the disc, click install, and origins is stuck on "Origins - Activate Battlefield 3"

I just get a loading screen that doesn't go away. It won't even let me install it?

Last edited:

Gishank

Bright Spark
They're having some issues with their key registration servers, fortunately I managed to activate my game earlier today. (tldr; BF3 is awesome)

MeveM

Bright Spark
What a massive failure, proof that they shouldn't use Origins until they've sorted the crap out.

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
What a massive failure, proof that they shouldn't use Origins until they've sorted the crap out.

Actually, before you just go randomly blaming origin, its exactly the same with any activation servers on day of release, especially with a product that has so many sales. Guaranteed when a new iPhone comes out people cant activate for hours, same for Deus Ex when that came out, same even for F1 2010 on steam when that was released.

Secondly, its not even meant to be out yet, so having a go at them before release is just silly. Just think of the amount of people spamming the buttons to activate rather than doing the sensible thing and saying, oh look actually its not going to work right this minute, or in 1 seconds time, or in 1 seconds time again, ill go make a cup of tea and try again, oir even come back when its officially released.

MeveM

Bright Spark
Actually, before you just go randomly blaming origin, its exactly the same with any activation servers on day of release, especially with a product that has so many sales. Guaranteed when a new iPhone comes out people cant activate for hours, same for Deus Ex when that came out, same even for F1 2010 on steam when that was released.

Secondly, its not even meant to be out yet, so having a go at them before release is just silly. Just think of the amount of people spamming the buttons to activate rather than doing the sensible thing and saying, oh look actually its not going to work right this minute, or in 1 seconds time, or in 1 seconds time again, ill go make a cup of tea and try again, oir even come back when its officially released.

Here comes the game dev to the rescue again.
Pre order = early install in all other games except for BF3 it seems.
I've played games for the last 18 years and I've always pre ordered and had highly anticipated games for many years and this is the first time I've had a problem INSTALLING a game. Getting into a server I can accept, a company using a Beta program to run a massively anticipated game is not acceptable.

Never had any problems like this with Steam.

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
Here comes the game dev to the rescue again.
Pre order = early install in all other games except for BF3 it seems.
I've played games for the last 18 years and I've always pre ordered and had highly anticipated games for many years and this is the first time I've had a problem INSTALLING a game. Getting into a server I can accept, a company using a Beta program to run a massively anticipated game is not acceptable.

Never had any problems like this with Steam.

How about stop using the frankly ridiculous comments such as "Here comes the game dev to the rescue again." and accept the fact that I have my own opinions, which for the record would be exactly the same where I a developer or not.

I couldn't honestly give a crap what you've been doing for the last 18 years because from the past posts you've made towards me you have no interest in my opinion what so ever. The fact of the matter is release day is tomorrow, so until that time, no one, and yes, that includes people like you who have been playing games for 18 years, has any right to expect to be able to install or play the game before that time.

I have had exactly the same problems on steam, maybe you haven't but thats not to say that they don't exist. As I said in my last post I have had the same problem with F1 2010 and Deus Ex, both activated through steam.

Now what difference can it honestly make restricting install over restricting play on servers? Well none is the answer. In fact it probably has a benefit of stopping people from cracking the game as easily to allow them to play early. It is more than likley that on Tuesday when the game came out in US that they had large scalke activation servers online, once the rush was gone from the US they were scaled back until tomorrow when again they will have another set of large scale servers to allow the UK to activate.

You have absolutley 0 right to complain at this point about activation or even installation of any game files on your computer until tomorrow. I'm not going to bother continuing to explain because if you can't understand that by now, I'm pretty sure you're going to continue pointing out the fact that I'm a developer, which I might add is not something I use to back up my arguments unless it specifically has something to do with them. If you didn't keep bringing the fact up then it wouldn't even be part of this converation.

Dayve

Before this argument really takes off, you may both want to take a reality check because it isn't even release day yet. Whether you can install it or not due to validation server errors, it doesn't matter, because you shouldn't even be trying, it's not release day.

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
Before this argument really takes off, you may both want to take a reality check because it isn't even release day yet. Whether you can install it or not due to validation server errors, it doesn't matter, because you shouldn't even be trying, it's not release day.

Which is exactly what ive been saying all along. But its ok my opinion is obviously worth less because im a "game dev"

Dayve

To be fair I didn't read your post... so if you said the same as me then fair enough, that'd be correct.