Battlefield 4

tom_gr7

Life Serving
So is it better to buy the cheapest incarnation of the base game. Then Premium. Rather than the limited edition +Premium. and not preorder?

well i went for amazon £30.99 with on the day delivery. clicky it gives you the first expansion pack anyway.

Not sure if I'll go for premium, i normally begrudge paying £30 for any game, but EA titles are always £30 upwards and they rope you in with "1st map pack free" and "pre order to play the bf5 beta"

I miss the good old days of getting the expansion packs in with the original game :(

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
I think everything there is quite reasonable apart from the 3GB graphics memory requirements :O Looks like I will be getting the 4GB 770

Keedar

Expert
I know Keynes posted req already but hmmmm 3GB Gpu? It looks like i have to change or add new gpu? lol

vn9b.png

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
Thats only the recommended as well :O

Recommended is usually high settings at 60fps @1080p

So to play max settings you probably will need a titan to play it :/

Keedar

Expert
No chance to change gpu for one game only right now.I am planning to add another 680 but in future.I spent a lot of money this month for changing house and my car repair :/ Life is brutal :censored:

Last edited:

rickne

Master Poster
Thats only the recommended as well :O

Recommended is usually high settings at 60fps @1080p

So to play max settings you probably will need a titan to play it :/

Point worth noting the 1 minute gameplay demo was played on a 670.

tom_gr7

Life Serving
i'll stick with my 680 :)

No doubt NV will release the 800 series next year, so no point buying a 770/780/7970 if you already have a decent card! And with AMD releasing new cards this december (i heard) i'd suggest holding off.

Outerarm

3GB gfx memory recommended... hmm... is that in total or per card? My 690 at 4GB feels a little worried as it is basically 2x 2GB 680s...

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
I'm starting to think that the 3GB value is for higher than 1080p resolutions because otherwise that is pretty ridiculous. The standard on nvidia cards up to the 680 is 2GB with 4GB being an optional extra, so im gonna guess that to play at high settings @1080p you will only need 2GB VRAM, of course I may be wrong