Behold - The Nemesis!

samx300

Enthusiast

Hi guys and girls,

I recently sold my old Asus G51J (Custom Upgraded with 6GB RAM and IC Diamond Thermal Paste on CPU/GPU). Prime reason for selling the Asus G51J was so that I could move to a Desktop.
After looking around for 2-3 months on various high performance custom PC solutions, I decided to go with PCS - having read some excellent testimonials. Not to mention the excellent pricing!

I decided to go all out on this rig and get the best stuff, whilst avoiding a SLI configuration - was scared of the electric bills to be honest :wacko:
As on 05/05/11, my rig is currently with the status 'In-Building' and it is being built by Sanjit Ghosh.

I will post any further updates on this thread. And, of course, high res pictures and few videos will follow once I take the delivery - expected on the 14th May - Saturday :walkman:

Please find the specs of 'The Nemesis' below:

Case
COOLERMASTER HAF-X FULL TOWER GAMING CASE
Overclocked CPU
Overclocked Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core (3.40GHz @ max 4.80GHz)
Motherboard
ASUS® P8P67 DELUXE (NEW REV 3.0): USB 3.0, SATA 6.0GB/s, CrossFireX™ / SLI
Memory (RAM)
8GB KINGSTON HYPER-X T1 DUAL-DDR3 2133MHz, X.M.P (4 x 2GB KIT)
Graphics Card
3GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 590 - 2 DVI,mHDMI - DX® 11, 3D Vision Ready
Memory - 1st Hard Disk
120GB OCZ VERTEX 3 SERIES SSD, SATA 6 Gb/s (upto 550MB/sR | 500MB/sW)
2nd Hard Disk
2TB WD CAVIAR BLACK WD2002FAEX, SATA 6 Gb/s, 64MB CACHE (7200rpm)
1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
12x BLU-RAY ROM DRIVE, 16x DVD ±R/±RW (£49)
Power Supply
CORSAIR 1000W PRO SERIES (HX1000) 80+ MODULAR PSU (£170)
Processor Cooling
COOLIT ECO A.L.C (ADVANCED LIQUID COOLER) (£49)
Thermal Paste
ARCTIC COOLING MX-3 HIGH THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY COMPOUND (£9)
Sound Card
Sound Blaster® X-Fi™ Xtreme Gamer (£59)
Network Facilities
ONBOARD GIGABIT LAN & WIRELESS 802.11N 300Mbps PCI CARD (£16)
USB Options
6 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL (MIN 2 FRONT PORTS) AS STANDARD
Operating System
Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit - inc DVD & Licence (£79)
Office Software
NO OFFICE SOFTWARE
Anti-Virus
NO ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE
Monitor
IIYAMA E2473HDS 24" LED WIDESCREEN, 2 x HDMI/DVI-D HD 1920x1080 (£169)
Warranty
3 Year Silver Warranty (1 Year Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour) (£5)
Delivery
SATURDAY DELIVERY TO UK MAINLAND (BEFORE 12 NOON) (£19)
Build Time
Standard Build - Approximately 11 to 13 working days
Quantity

Price: £2,372.00 including VAT and delivery.

Additional components sent to PCS for installing in 'The Nemesis':

1. Coolermaster Megaflow 200mm RED LED Fan x 2 - for top mounting on the HAF-X
2. Coolermaster Megaflow 200mm BLUE LED Fan x 1 - for side mount on the HAF-X, assisting the GPU
3. Kingston HyperX RAM Cooling Fan - to keep those HyperX T1's running cool
4. NZXT Sentry 2, 5.25" Bay Touchscreen Fan Controller - controlling 3 x CM Megaflow Fans and the HyperX RAM Cooling Fan

Estimated cost of above components + postage to PCS - £85

Components bought beforehand:

Keyboard
Razer Lycosa Special Mirror Edition Backlit Gaming Keyboard - £69
Mouse
Razer Lachesis 5600dpi 3.5G refresh Gaming Mouse with customisable lighting - £67

Total cost of the entire system: £2593 :smartass:

Nemesis

Someone say my name...........

Nah but that is a nice spec youve bought yourself there
You do know that the 590 is an onboard 'SLI' card as it has two GTX580 chips on one card....

Make sure you post us some pictures on arrival and apart from that.....

Enjoy! :)

samx300

Enthusiast
Someone say my name...........

Nah but that is a nice spec youve bought yourself there
You do know that the 590 is an onboard 'SLI' card as it has two GTX580 chips on one card....

Make sure you post us some pictures on arrival and apart from that.....

Enjoy! :)

Ha! Thanks for the comments guys, + rep for you all :)
The reason I chose the GTX 590 - it was cheaper than 2 x GTX 580's and it consumed less power. Plus you are right about the satisfaction of having 2 x GF110's on a single PCB B-)

Konydiver

Very jealous of that build! :(

A quick question from what you said about sending in the extra case fans.

If you buy a case that supports extra case fans, do PCS equip them or do you have to buy them separately? Do PCS sell them?

Thanks guys

FacetiousPizza

Silver Level Poster
There cheaper than 2x 580's because they run at lower clock speeds :)

Still even with that the 590 out performs Sli 580's :(

Where are you getting these results? When I looked at benchmarks for dual GTX580s and a single GTX590, the GTX580s seemed to perform roughly 10% better than a single 590.
Here is where I found my results: http://3dvision-blog.com/geforce-gtx-590-vs-2x-gtx-580-sli-in-plain-3d-and-stereo-3d-mode/
Either way, very jealous of your system. And I thouroughly approve of the choice in keyboard/mouse, same as I have and I'm loving them. :)

samx300

Enthusiast
Very jealous of that build! :(

A quick question from what you said about sending in the extra case fans.

If you buy a case that supports extra case fans, do PCS equip them or do you have to buy them separately? Do PCS sell them?

Thanks guys

PCS will not offer you any additional fans/components. However, you can purchase them separately and send it to them with a covering letter and your order number, explaining how you want them fitted. That is how sent 4 additional fans and a fan controller.

PS* Since I am requesting PCS to 'replace' 2 x 200mm fans that are supplied (1 side panel and 1 top mount) with the HAF-X, I have requested them to include the stock fans with my order so I can use them elsewhere.

samx300

Enthusiast
Where are you getting these results? When I looked at benchmarks for dual GTX580s and a single GTX590, the GTX580s seemed to perform roughly 10% better than a single 590.
Here is where I found my results: http://3dvision-blog.com/geforce-gtx-590-vs-2x-gtx-580-sli-in-plain-3d-and-stereo-3d-mode/
Either way, very jealous of your system. And I thouroughly approve of the choice in keyboard/mouse, same as I have and I'm loving them. :)

I do agree that 2 x stock GTX 580's will perform better than a stock GTX 590. Wish NV hadn't downclocked the core to 607MHz on the 590 though :(

LFFPicard

Godlike

If i remember the only time I saw the benchmarks was when PCS announced the 590 and there was a thread floating around with benchmarks then.. Since then admittedly I have not looked at benches since.

samx300

Enthusiast
Just spoke with Darren at PCS. He confirmed that my rig has completed its build stage and is most likely to move to 'In-Testing' sometime today or tomorrow. Darren also confirmed that I have received the MSI GTX590 (N590GTX-P3D3GD5).

This means that the delivery of 'The Nemesis' is on track for this Saturday, 14th May 2011!! Can't wait now! :D

samx300

Enthusiast
Damn, there was a delay on Friday (13th May) during the QC phase... Unforunately, I couldn't get it on Saturday (14th May).

Fortunately, the issue has now been resolved and the system is good to go for delivery this Saturday (21st May) B-) Just counting days...

Teaz

Godlike
Lol oh dear "friday 13th" isnt really a nice day for anyone isnt it.. Hope you get it in tip top shape and pics once recieved :)

samx300

Enthusiast
I know, Friday the 13th wasn't the best day to diagnose a fault ;) Pics will be posted, all through unboxing to the final setup by this weekend.

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
But...its my lucky number...

Final furlong now then, but I bet Wednesday drags...and Thursday...and Friday...and Friday afternoon...and Friday evening...and Friday night...and whateverisleftonSaturdaymorning...

:D

samx300

Enthusiast
But...its my lucky number...

Final furlong now then, but I bet Wednesday drags...and Thursday...and Friday...and Friday afternoon...and Friday evening...and Friday night...and whateverisleftonSaturdaymorning...

:D

Yea, Saturday morning would be the worst! ;)