Best FSX Installation?

RobDob

Hi all

I have a 250 gig SSD and a 1tb Caviar Black. My OS is on the SSD but my question is, would it be better to put FSX on the SSD too or on the Caviar Black? Not sure where it would run best; on the faster drive but with the OS or on the slower drive with no other programs on it!

Thanks for any advice.

Cheers!

Rob

F3AR

I would put it on the Caviar Black, i did and installed all the additional st00f (liek 100GB of planes XD) and it would rather fill up your SSD :D

Anyway, i suggest getting lots of scenery addons, i'll post some if you need :)

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
Yep stick it on the cavier black, Thats where mine is installed and have no problems at all. Also as Fear said, stick loads of addons on if you havent, theyre awesome. this is where I get most of my stuff http://simviation.com/1/front-page but also I have some of the airbus official addons, just because my dad is an airbus pilot lol.

RobDob

Thanks guys....I'll go for the Caviar Black! I have plenty of payware aircraft to transfer across, but not much scenery other than the VFR UK add-on, is the ORBX stuff any good? Any recommendations gratefully received!

F3AR; yes please on posting suggestions.

Frency; except for the dual 580's my rig is about the same as yours, how is FSX running on your machine? Might have to get a second 580 for Christmas! Lol

Thanks all.

F3AR

My setup is better than frenchys :p

i have a PROJECTOR!!!!
and two xboxs
and a 1440p monitor :p

but anyway Try REX first Rob :)

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
My setup is better than frenchys :p

i have a PROJECTOR!!!!
and two xboxs
and a 1440p monitor :p

but anyway Try REX first Rob :)

I have 1 projector too, but tbh I never use it lol. I have an 3 xbox's :) so that I can play forza multiscreen, although again, I dont do that very often because my electricity bill doesnt liek it lol. And I have 3 1080p monitors which is plenty for me. My eye sight is so rubbish I wouldnt be able to read anything at a res of 1440 lol

RobDob

I have a measly 19" monitor!!! Although I hope to upgrade that soon!! I have REX already so will whack that straight on. Cheers guys.