Best IPS 24" monitor at £350 maximum?

Docko

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to canvas opinion on monitors. I know that strictly speaking the fastest monitors for gaming are the older TN type, but I really want a monitor along the lines of the gorgeous Apple Mac screens.

I've picked, but not yet ordered, the HP LP2475w, which seems to be almost as highly rated (but almost £100 cheaper) than the Dell U2410.

A more budget choice of IPS monitor is the Viewsonic VP2365wb, at more than £100 less than the HP but I don't really want to go down to 23 inch when originally I was looking at 27" (but they cost too much).

I don't know anywhere that actually stocks in a shop these monitors to go look at, so has anyone got any tips or advice?

Roobarb

Bronze Level Poster
I've just ordered a NEC 232wmi monitor. Yes its only 23", but i purchased on amazon for £285 area. It seems a very good IPS monitor for under the £300 mark from the reviews i read.

I guess its the size V quality argument ?

good luck in your decision.

Roob

Gorman

Author Level
To be honest i was a bit surprised to see someone use the terms "IPS" and "£350 Maximum" in the same sentance. I have always wanted one but the price tag puts me off. Whenever i have courted the idea i have found myself on Dell's website, they do have some nice monitors.