Best looking games?

NilSatis

Bright Spark
I have Stalker Clear Sky with "Clear Sky Complete" mod installed at the moment. Its a lovely looking game; and that mod....er....completes it. That was bad. :whistling:

He does the same mod for the whole series if anyone has one of the other Stalkers, and fancies modding it. Really easy to install and adds another dimension to the game with the new look, better day/night sequences etc.

I have also just finished playing Half Life 2 FF Cinematic mod for the day .....yes not the best graphically originally but if you're a fan like me; with the cinematic mod installed; very nice indeed. This mod from fakefactory completely changes the whole game by changing it to far better textures in hd; better lighting effects, and adds hd characters, new sounds, better animations, some excellent music; and overall just makes the game feel brand new again. It just made one of my favorite games even better so can highly recommend it; if anyone wants the site, it is: http://cinematicmod.com/cinematic_mod.php If you have played the game before changes Alyx to an hd Adriana Lima copy; with the associated half life 2 clothes. All of the other major characters are redone and you get to choose whether or not you wish to play with the new music or the original. You do have to get epidodes one and two however as it uses code from episode two. 10 pounds on steam (and a hefty download of 20gb.....is a small price to pay for the whole half life 2 collection in stunning format; cant recommend this highly enough. If anyone is interested and cant get it to install for whatever reason drop me a pm. :) It makes the game slightly darker, so you need to use the torch in the dark parts. One of the best mods I have ever used.

Crysis with RELI2 mod is very nice on maximum settings, and a joy to play with advanced AI also incorporated (cheesy blood effects removed and set to highest difficulty) and yeh Metro 2033 is also lovely although possibly more of a mess code wise than Crysis. Is a system hog...

I think Call of Pripyat is a great game....check out the complete mod for this too if you enjoy some fallout 3 type gameplay and some nicer graphics to go with it. :)
Mafia 2 is a nice looking game and is good fun too; runs great on max settings on most mid-to high end graphics cards. Bit short but is defo. worth a buy.

Last edited: