bf3 nvidia

UndeadJack

Master Poster
Sweet :p Does this affect mobility cards also or just the standard desktop ones (such as my 570 in my dad's new pc)

MeveM

Bright Spark
Can't find those drivers or any info about those drivers on Nvidia's site, I'd never install drivers from some dodgy site that uses facebook for commenting.

MeveM

Bright Spark
When i go through Nvidia and select my 570 for windows 7, either 32 or 64, its the same driver number 280.26, and the website you've linked states 285.38. Why would it not be released on their own website before some dodgy site gets hold of it? Sounds strange to me.

Last edited:

tom_gr7

Life Serving
When i go through Nvidia and select my 570 for windows 7, either 32 or 64, its the same driver number 280.26, and the website you've linked states 285.39. Why would it not be released on their own website before some dodgy site gets hold of it? Sounds strange to me.

Is it on Nvidia update/driver thingy? cant remember what its called.

tom_gr7

Life Serving
I went onto driver download, you choose your card etc, and the newest one on there was 8.9.11, and it's 280.26 not 285 as the link says.

I'd wait till its on the nvidia control panel on my desktop, that's normally pretty reliable.

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
DLing drivers from anywhere other than the manufacturer/affiliated site is just asking for trouble :D

MeveM

Bright Spark
You'd have to be pretty desperate to download half finished drivers for your GPU. BF3 isn't even out yet, to download performance increasing drivers in beta stage for a game which is itself in beta is just strange.

mishra

Rising Star
You'd have to be pretty desperate to download half finished drivers for your GPU. BF3 isn't even out yet, to download performance increasing drivers in beta stage for a game which is itself in beta is just strange.

this gentleman deserves a beer as he is genuinely correct.

NMEBowen

Master Poster
im running them and im getting a 40% increase in frames and its alot sharper so i dont really care about the 4 letter word attached and hell minecraft has onl;y just come out and shed loads of ppl played it in the beta even if they didnt know it was a beta.

NMEBowen

Master Poster
my fans are on full cooling me at the moment the 200mm side fan is truly amazing the fact its white really does make it a air con unit the 580 still hasnt gone over 55 deg c on bf3 beta.

NMEBowen

Master Poster
OH and frenchy you may want to drop your resolution for the beta theres some issues with surround aparently.

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
OH and frenchy you may want to drop your resolution for the beta theres some issues with surround aparently.

Ok thanks, tbh ill probs just run it on single screen for now, I dont really like shooting games on all 3 screens, apart from borderlands.

NMEBowen

Master Poster
personally id love the peripheral vision so i can keep my eyes on as many doorways as possible im working on getting the claymores to camp pro style :p

tom_gr7

Life Serving
personally id love the peripheral vision so i can keep my eyes on as many doorways as possible im working on getting the claymores to camp pro style :p

lol as always bf3 beta is still full of campers! I don't mind people defending routes/locations, but those crap players hiding around corners waiting for someone to run past really annoys me! There is no skill required for camping at all!

NMEBowen

Master Poster
theres a couple choke points on the beta map that can be defended well if you had a claymore behind you but yes it is camping