bf3 problem

rafflo

Bronze Level Poster
i just noticed now that everytime i join any server in bf3 i get kicked like five minutes of playing i dont know what is the problem,,, it says violation and someting like that... can anyone help me as it really makes me nuts

NMEBowen

Master Poster
Sorry but the fix i have in mind wont go down well but il tell you what happened with me.

For around two years i had the very same problem with all EA games expecially Bad Company 2 and it carried on with the beta of BF3 i tried everything, me and Gorman spent a whole evening trying to fix the problem with no light at the end of the tunnel then the final retail came out and i still had the problem. I was going to spend a few weeks at my fathers and due to my isp (02) almost doubling my monthly payment to them i decided to cancel my subscription and find another isp while i was away over the two weeks, i changed my isp to talk talk buisness as they offered me the best deal when i got back home i plugged in the the new router fully expecting the same problem id had previously but no it all worked fine. I could be wrong but my guess its a issue with your isp and i have no idea how its fixable without changing providers but if you take a look about you may find a solution.

Gorman

Author Level
Im with Virgin Media and still get this sometimes, more often with BC2 than BF3 what would happen is on the first game i would join it would immediately boot me, once i got back in then it was ok until i came back to play another time. Very annoying.

it says violation and someting like that

This makes me think you might benefit from ensuring punk buster is updated and running ok.

Fear

Prolific Poster
Im with Virgin Media and still get this sometimes, more often with BC2 than BF3 what would happen is on the first game i would join it would immediately boot me, once i got back in then it was ok until i came back to play another time. Very annoying

That i do believe was a game bug it has supposed to have been patched or at least it has worked for me.

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
I think the main thing I have problems with is either being kicked due to full server (make way for rmembers) or I simply drop connection for a second (happens in WoW too - just have to relogin). I have never seen a "Violation" message before, which leads me to lean more towards the Punkbuster thing. If it were an ISP/connection thing, I'd think you'd see the same messages I get that simply say "disconnected from server" or "cannot connect to EA Online" etc.