Big navi 21. PCS release info?

GCColes

Thanks for the advice, I will take some pictures and provide feedback to pcs.

Overall very impressed with the system.

I've made sure Windows is fully updated, enabled xmp and getting some games installed, monitor running at 165hz. A few more bits to do to finish the set up, desk placement etc. Jobs for tomorrow.

Last edited:

GCColes

I have given my feedback to PCS. Whilst its not ideal and im not 100% sure what has caused the marking it does not stop this machine performing as it should. The scratch marks on the glass are adjacent to the marks on the PSU shroud. Initially i thought it was something that would wipe off, perhaps a residue from the expandable packing foam.

Regardless i had a quick run around on warzone last night, maxed out settings running perfectly on my 165hz 1440p monitor. Now i need to get some other games to throw at it.

WhatsApp Image 2020-12-22 at 13.30.48.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2020-12-22 at 13.30.49.jpeg

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I have given my feedback to PCS. Whilst its not ideal and im not 100% sure what has caused the marking it does not stop this machine performing as it should. The scratch marks on the glass are adjacent to the marks on the PSU shroud. Initially i thought it was something that would wipe off, perhaps a residue from the expandable packing foam.

Regardless i had a quick run around on warzone last night, maxed out settings running perfectly on my 165hz 1440p monitor. Now i need to get some other games to throw at it.

View attachment 20631

View attachment 20632
Must have been some pressure to have made those marks. Very odd.

Have you been on epic store? They’re giving away Alien Isolation free until 4pm today when it goes to another free game.

GCColes

Must have been some pressure to have made those marks. Very odd.

Have you been on epic store? They’re giving away Alien Isolation free until 4pm today when it goes to another free game.
The marks on the shroud are strange, you cant really feel them that's why i thought they would wipe off. Everything else seems pristine so im not too concerned.

I got Alien Isolation that last night whilst i was waiting for things to download and update, i did have CPP2077 on PS4 which im getting refunded so may get it on PC instead.

GCColes

you sure that glass panel hasn't got a thin plastic protective film on it, I had soething similar lookin on my case and thats what it ended up as...........

I did the peel on the external side of the glass panel last night, however on your suggestion i checked the inside and it seems on closer inspection and a bit of elbow grease i seem to have removed whatever it was. Glass panel looks shiny and new. Thanks for making me doubt myself i wouldn't have gone back and checked

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I did the peel on the external side of the glass panel last night, however on your suggestion i checked the inside and it seems on closer inspection and a bit of elbow grease i seem to have removed whatever it was. Glass panel looks shiny and new. Thanks for making me doubt myself i wouldn't have gone back and checked
Glad its sorted

Nordstrom

Woop woop. My setup has been assembled and tested yesterday.. rx 6800 plus rysen 5900x..

Bought a few min after release of the 6000 series.. was informed via chat that it was most likely that I would I get it in jan at the earliest..

Xmas isnt exactly coming early this year, but looks like it will happen:)

(Nice setup GCColes btw )

Nivek

Silver Level Poster
Can anyone find reviews/benchmarks for any of the 6900 XT partner cards (not reference model)?
I've been looking around but can't find ANY! Please link if you find any. Cheers.

balthazar

Woop woop. My setup has been assembled and tested yesterday.. rx 6800 plus rysen 5900x..

Bought a few min after release of the 6000 series.. was informed via chat that it was most likely that I would I get it in jan at the earliest..

Xmas isnt exactly coming early this year, but looks like it will happen:)

(Nice setup GCColes btw )
When did you place your order?

Derngek

Silver Level Poster
Can anyone find reviews/benchmarks for any of the 6900 XT partner cards (not reference model)?
I've been looking around but can't find ANY! Please link if you find any. Cheers.
Sorry I can't find it either. I'm taking a wild guess that it could be a few percent faster. I thinks it's pretty cool that PCS got hold of 6900xt partner card before the techtubers. Assuming it's merc 319 6900xt.

Nivek

Silver Level Poster
Sorry I can't find it either. I'm taking a wild guess that it could be a few percent faster. I thinks it's pretty cool that PCS got hold of 6900xt partner card before the techtubers. Assuming it's merc 319 6900xt.
Did you end up going for the 6900 XT in the end?
I'm considering it if it would give consistent 10% higher FPS on average in games compared to the 6800 XT.
I'll wait for the reviews!

Derngek

Silver Level Poster
Did you end up going for the 6900 XT in the end?
I'm considering it if it would give consistent 10% higher FPS on average in games compared to the 6800 XT.
I'll wait for the reviews!
Yes I changed it to 6900xt to help get my pc in build sooner, not my first choice due to the big price jump, but if it ends up being merc 319 6900xt, then it lessens the blow a little as it is technically a bit more expensive then reference card on retail. I should find out tomorrow when I receive it. I'm happy with either ref or aib versions.

Last edited:

Nivek

Silver Level Poster
Yes I changed it to 6900xt to help get my pc in build sooner, not my first choice due to the big price jump, but if it ends up being merc 319 6900xt, then it lessens the blow a little as it is technically a bit more expensive then reference card on retail. I should find out tomorrow when receive it. I'm happy with either ref or aib versions.
Curious, did you get an email from PCS around 15th Dec about the 5900X saying:
"As you will be aware, this product was placed on a Pre-Order basis because the item is currently in constraint. Unfortunately due to a lack of global supply the manufacturer has not been able to supply us with enough stock to fulfill orders and therefore we will not be able to deliver your order to you before Christmas."

I'm considering switching to the 6900 XT too in the hopes that when they get the next batch of 5900X's the 6900 XT will still be in stock.
Then again, the 6800 XT could come back in stock in that time, and the 6900 XT could go out of stock. It's a gamble!

Derngek

Silver Level Poster
Curious, did you get an email from PCS around 15th Dec about the 5900X saying:
"As you will be aware, this product was placed on a Pre-Order basis because the item is currently in constraint. Unfortunately due to a lack of global supply the manufacturer has not been able to supply us with enough stock to fulfill orders and therefore we will not be able to deliver your order to you before Christmas."

I'm considering switching to the 6900 XT too in the hopes that when they get the next batch of 5900X's the 6900 XT will still be in stock.
Then again, the 6800 XT could come back in stock in that time, and the 6900 XT could go out of stock. It's a gamble!
I did get a template email on request stating 5900x and 6800xt were in short supply and may not be able to deliver before xmas last Friday, but then my pc went into build on Sunday.
The gpu situation is a tricky one. The bright side is that there is less demand for 6900xt(still in stock) then 6800xt and 3080. A hard one to advise and I'm a little bit concerned that I may risk giving you a wrong suggestion between 6800xt or 6900xt.
Knowing my impatient self, I would of still chosen 6900xt because it is in stock and bank on less people wanting for it over the 6800xt, but obviously not exactly good value for money to performance compared to 6800xt with the £971 premium.

Last edited: