Bios or windows 7 boot disc doesn't recognise HDD. PLEASE HELP!!!!!

slane

Bronze Level Poster
ASUS® M5A99X EVO
8GB KINGSTON HYPER-X GENESIS DUAL-DDR3 1600MHz (2 x 4GB KIT)
3GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 580
1TB WD CAVIAR GREEN WD10EARX

Problems started after I installed the new eve online crucible 1.1 patch (not sure id this is relevant to the problem, it's just the last change to the comp I made). On starting Eve there was a crash, not even task manager would run. Power off. Startup repair was unable to fix. System restore restored the system but as soon as windows booted I had a blue screen of death flash and then a restart. This happened about 3 times while I tried various restore points. Then I tried to boot from Windows 7 disc, update and repair would not work so I had to do a clean install. It went okay but then it hung at "windows in finalising the installation" (or something similar) for two hours. So i reset the computer and tried to boot and install from disc only this time no HDD is recognised and a drive driver is requested. BIOS can not find the HDD and I cannot find any drivers for the HDD. I am pretty sure, almost positive, it was not a virus as I don't download anything I think could be dodgy. I don't think it is an EVE issue as I have not heard of any similar issue from any other user. I cannot test the HDD as the only other comp are laptops. Please help!!!

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
Looks like the drive has failed,you could try changing sata cable and trying a different power connector.

slane

Bronze Level Poster
Right I switched sata ports and it looks like it's going ahead. HDD found, installing windows.... (wish me luck)

slane

Bronze Level Poster
''''windows installer wont run if the HDD is plugged in, just blackscreens after windows loading screen. ARGH!!!