Black Flashing Squares on Edge Browser?

DaelpixPhotos

Super Star
Well maybe explain what you mean by 'clean install' next time.

It took me 10 hours to install MSFS + there's bought aircraft and all the world updates.......I'm not reinstalling just now. So I'll have to live with it until I get really annoyed with it.

I'll come back to this thread then.

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
It took me 10 hours to install MSFS + there's bought aircraft and all the world updates.......I'm not reinstalling just now.
This is exactly the reason that you install the games on a dedicated games drive and not on the system drive, so that when you have to do a clean install you don't need to worry about data

These are directions for a clean install, if followed correctly your system drive will be completely erased before windows is installed

Download a new copy of Windows using the Media Creation Tool (Second option on linked page) to an 8GB (min) USB.
Boot that USB and choose a Custom Install.
Delete all UEFI partitions on the system drive (EFI System, Recovery, MSR Reserved, Primary).
Select the unallocated space that results and click the Next button. The installer will create the correct partitions and install Windows.
Run Windows Update repeatedly, even across reboots, until no more updates are found.
You may need/want to download and install the latest graphics driver from the Nvidia/AMD website (they change so regularly the latest version isn't always in the Windows libraries).

This is also worth a watch

DaelpixPhotos

Super Star
If it's any help now, there has been a known issue with NVIDIA drivers for a long time now with checkers/squares in some browsers in addition to transparency effects not working correctly. The newest NVIDIA driver (546.17) supposedly fixed this.
I don't seem to be having the problem any more. Thanks for the reply