Black screen fans power everything on but still black screen

mantadog

Superhero Level Poster
When you say you have tried everything, what exactly have you tried? Might save us going over old ground that's all.

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
Could you give us a little more information as mantadog said because in previous posts you have talked about installing a new motherboard,case,CPU cooler and overclocking.

JackC

I've tried reseating the components like the RAM and others and I've cleared the CMOS and took out the graphics card and tried the inboard graphics still nothing checked everything is connected and checked there is no faulty cables and checked the beeps and all the lights are on every fan is going around and that's it any suggestions

JackC

Also I have not OC because I was fixing my pc so I had a problem where a capacitor blew on my motherboard so I ordered a new case water cooling and motherboard and then I put it all in to my new case and then I decided to send the motherboard back to the company and get a new one from someone else thinking it was a faulty motherboard but then I got the new one and fitted it again and still the same problem black screen everything turns on and I re done all the same tests as last time still nothing

mantadog

Superhero Level Poster
What caused this issue? if you have been replacing components did ti happen after a replacement of something? Were you running an overclock? Any beeps? if so have you checked what they mean in the motherboard manual? Any lights on the motherboard indicating an issue with any of the components? Things like RAM/CPU etc will have a light that will go off if it detects a problem with that component. Any of those?

Might be a dead motherboard.

mantadog

Superhero Level Poster
So you had the same black screen issue before a motherboard change? You replaced it and it is still the exact same issue?

if so have you tried a different monitor, cable and plugging it into the onboard graphics?

Could be a damaged PSU, CPU or something like that.

JackC

Well my motherboard capacitor blew from overheating and then I bought a new one and put it into my new case with a new cooler and when I fitted it I had a black screen so I tested it out with diffrent solutions I found online and then I couldn't find what was wrong so sent the motherboard back and bought a diffrent one from another company and then fitted it again tried the same tests and still a black screen with lights and everything on and I wasn't running an overclock and this happened when I replaced components because my pc was not turning on because the capacitor on motherboard blew and no signs of anything wrong with lights on motherboard or anything like that what should I do and thanks for advice so far

JackC

Yes I have had the screen issue with both new motherboards and have tried diffrent screens and tried diffrent cables and tried the onboard graphics

JackC

So what could it be because can't be the graphics because I've tried onboard graphics and my graphics card and there power going through the system ?

mantadog

Superhero Level Poster
can you check for any lights on the motherboard that indicate a problem. it could be something has been damaged like the CPU, is this the first time you have rebuilt a computer? Have you got the CPU fan plugged in proper etc etc. Could be so many things.

JackC

I haven't rebuilt it my uncle has and he just gave me a list of things what he's tried and he's built computers before not that many but a couple and he works in the IT business and he said there were no lights on motherboard indicating problems but it is his first time fitting in a water cooler but the pump and fans and led we're on (h100i)