Boot up drive advice

RogueTainer

Bronze Level Poster
Ive selected the following drive as my boot up drive '250GB SATA-II 3-Gb/s HARD DRIVE WITH 8MB CACHE (7,200rpm)'
as well as a 1TB cavier black for storage
Any advice on the drives ive chosen? I can still change the drive as my system is being built by PCS

Corfate

Author Level
Swap them round, so Caviar Black for booting, then either that 250gb one, or a Caviar Green for storage :) The black is faster, so faster load times and boot times :) Caviar Greens power down when not in use, so save electricity :)

Fear

Prolific Poster
For what you are doing there just get the caviar black drive as has been said it is a faster drive than the SATA-II drive, just to point out if you are getting this as a gaming rig and you have a lot of music/pics/video to store then i would suggest getting a second HDD to put these on and save the main HDD for OS/games and programs.

tom_gr7

Life Serving
I'd go for a 1tb caviar black drive for ya os, then if needed extra storage get a 2tb caviar green drive.

RogueTainer

Bronze Level Poster
Ive got a portable 1TB drive i could use for extra storage if i really needed it, is it difficult to install a hard drive if i ever needed to

Music Guy123

Prolific Poster
What is your budget because if you can afford it, get an SSD for boot and then a caviar green for storage or a caviar black for storage if you can afford it.

RogueTainer

Bronze Level Poster
You only live once, I've got a black cav as my boot up drive & the green as my storage, a lot of people are saying the same thing about these drives on different forums so they must be good :yes:

tom_gr7

Life Serving
You only live once, I've got a black cav as my boot up drive & the green as my storage, a lot of people are saying the same thing about these drives on different forums so they must be good :yes:

good choice, same as my setup.

dont get me wrong ssd's are great but you can live without them.