Borderlands 2...

Alan16ac

Gold Level Poster
So, I bought the GOTY edition of this in the Steam sale. At first I thought the game was great. That was until I realised it does not save your location. So you have to replay and rekill every bad guy to get back to where you where if you save and leave the game. Completely ruined it for me. Really annoyed, is this right? It seems really stupid!

Tallpaulos

Enthusiast
Stick with it, it's a great game until you hit the highest difficulty....look at the Steam reviews. Most people have played it enough (20-30 hrs at least) by that point so don't let them put you off.

It's been a while, but I seem to remember it saving when you get to certain (travel?) points in the levels. You might also be able to save when you exit, but that'll only save your xp and guns. Then reset you back to the last save position and reset the enemies.

I also seem to remember the 1st map being quite bad for regular save points.

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
Yes,if you quit half way through a mission you more or less need to start from square one,so best try to finish it even if it means being killed a few times,in which case you re-spawn at the last save point so progress is still being made.
But as Tallpaulos said it is a great game,I've spent many enjoyable hours on it and now at level 56 :)

steaky360

I'll just 'ditto' what Vanthus and Tallopaulos have said. It's an excellent game! The save's seem to be by location though, ie if you move from a different area to another rather than your position within that area. But you're right it doesn't seem to save within missions.

Fortunately, the missions are typically relatively short (till you get further through) so its not too much of a big deal if you ask me. Also, killing everyone again means more loot and xp so its a win win really :)

Alan16ac

Gold Level Poster
Thanks for the replies. I was trying to get around 45 minutes of gameplay in each night as I was enjoying it. But working 10am till 10pm doesn't leave much time, so I was saving mid-mission. I'll have to save this game for my days off then, when I can play right through. I have Friday, Saturday and Sunday off this week though so I'll get some playtime in :D