Brand name power supply

PC_Gamer

I notice that PCS seem to get more no brand ones that actual branded power supplies and they're a lot cheaper. Why should I buy a CORSAIR 650W TX SERIES (TX650) 80+ ULTRA QUIET PSU (£72) over a 450W Quiet 80 PLUS Dual Rail PSU + 120mm Case Fan (£29)

stegor

Bright Spark
Well, even discounting the branding, the 650W one is bigger. Also the £29 & £72 is the amount over and above the base PSU they supply so the difference isn't as big as you may think.

Fear

Prolific Poster
From what i have been told by many people is if you buy a branded PSU such as the "corsair" that PCS have then the stated power is the minimum constant power it will supply so a 650W corsair will provide a constant minimum of 650W but if you go with an unbranded PSU many of them state the maximum output it will provide so in this case if you got a 650W unbranded PSU that is the max it will cover but not constant and it may only provide a constant supply of about 600W or less and they also degrade more quickly.

Teaz

Godlike
corsair's psu are quality made certified PSUs. the better the certified of the psu the better quality it is along with other factors in the psu which will usually include a silent psu, less heat, more energy efficient and so on.

plus the 650w is a bigger than a 450w. 350-450 is the average users pc nowadays, where anything higher is more likely a performance pc.

Teaz

Godlike
it would be worthit especially in the long run. but if budget is limited, the unbranded ones are good as im sure pcs do test them and check that they are good all round psu.