Brand new PC, No display + 2 bleep sounds on startup

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Did mention the white VGA light however since it didn't come back after the RAM issue was sorted, they must've supposedly thought everything was perfect now
Yeah, it's really weird that it returned after a couple of boots. It does lead me to suspect a hardware issue though.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Just additionally, there is a known bug on some boards (especially Asus) where they expect a return code from the monitor at all times, but only some monitors produce a return code like that, most don't. So these boards don't receive a return code before post (as the monitor is asleep and not producing it) so incorrectly assume there's a graphics card issue and give the GPU beep code.

Now I didn't think that triggered the motherboard notification light, but perhaps I'm wrong there.

Are you experiencing any symptoms when the light is showing?

Try powering on the monitor before booting, see if the light is still present?

A_lex;

Just restarted my PC, light went out but will update if it does it again at some point. Thanks for your help and PCS Support were amazing

A_lex;

Back after just over 20 minutes! Computer bluescreened with the error code

KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED​

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Back after just over 20 minutes! Computer bluescreened with the error code

KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED​

That's almost always a driver issue

How do you manage your drivers, do you use anything like DriverEasy or anything to automatically configure drivers?

Do you have Armory Crate installed

Have you reinstalled or reset windows at any time?

A_lex;

I just use the windows built in manager
I do have armory crate installed
I havent reinstalled or reset windows at all
That's almost always a driver issue

How do you manage your drivers, do you use anything like DriverEasy or anything to automatically configure drivers?

Do you have Armory Crate installed

Have you reinstalled or reset windows at any time?

A_lex;

Windows can't manage graphics drivers, you need to install those direct from Nvidia.

I have just uninstalled Armoury Crate and installed the latest nvidia graphics driver through geforce experience

Edit: Since updating the graphics driver, all games I have played have been crashing 10-15 minutes in but not seen a bluescreen yet

Last edited:

A_lex;

Would a fresh install of windows help me in this situation at all? This has only been happening since the new RAM sticks were fitted so i'm just wondering if the system hasn't adjusted and needs a clean start

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Would a fresh install of windows help me in this situation at all? This has only been happening since the new RAM sticks were fitted so i'm just wondering if the system hasn't adjusted and needs a clean start
Well, it would certainly rule out software as a cause which would increase either resolution or finding the cause of the fault.

A_lex;

Well, it would certainly rule out software as a cause which would increase either resolution or finding the cause of the fault.

Just did a clean install of windows, bluescreened immediately with the stop code "Kernel Security Check Failure"

A_lex;

And how did you clean install, what method? Can you be as succinct as possible?
Using a spare empty USB stick, I used the windows installation media to download windows onto the USB to boot from. After successfully installing windows onto the USB stick, I plugged the USB into my PC and booted into safe mode. I then choose to boot from the USB stick and it then proceeded to do a clean install of windows. After doing the setup it did the final setup checks and booted to the desktop. I proceeded to leave it alone for it to do whatever it needs to do in the background and upon doing that, it bluescreened without launching anything or pressing any buttons
It did bluescreen again when I rebooted with System Thread Exception Not Handled
I rebooted again and nothing has happened since

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Is there a less technical way of that? Not very good with technical terms 😅
At the very first part of windows install, what did you do with the partitions? The very first part asks you where to install windows?

Did you select custom install at the start? If not, that's not a clean install, it's just done an in place upgrade of the current installation which won't help anything.

When you select custom install, the very next bit shows you your partitions, you need to delete all partitions on the C drive and install to the spare space.