Build advice

Omashakey

With tpm module compatability being a big topic for windows 11, I wanted to know if the Asus strix b550-f gaming board would do the job. According to what I've read the b550 series is supported but I'm seeing different opinions everywhere. Any suggestions would be appreciated šŸ™.

Omashakey

I had the b550f gaming board but after a quick check over specs it's doesn't have the header for the module. I've gone with the Asus tuf x570 plus gaming which bumps up my cost abit but keeps me future proof.

Omashakey

If my motherboard has Bluetooth 5.0 does that mean it has Bluetooth ready to go on the motherboard or do I still need to get a wireless network card thats Bluetooth capable?? Sorry if this sounds silly I'm very new to building šŸ‘·ā€ā™‚ļø

Omashakey

Yeah your right no need to change my motherboard I'm going back to the b550 now I've seen how it works with bios. Saved me a real pain so thank you again I was throwing away money

Omashakey

Case
CORSAIR 4000D AIRFLOW TEMPERED GLASS GAMING CASE
Processor (CPU)
AMD Ryzen 7 3800X Eight Core CPU (3.9GHz-4.5GHz/36MB CACHE/AM4)
Motherboard
ASUSĀ® TUF X570-PLUS GAMING (USB 3.2 Gen 2, PCIe 4.0, CrossFireX) - ARGB Ready!
Memory (RAM)
16GB Corsair VENGEANCE RGB PRO DDR4 3200MHz (2 x 8GB)
Graphics Card
8GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3060 Ti - HDMI, DP, LHR
1st Storage Drive
2TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 7200RPM, 256MB CACHE
1st M.2 SSD Drive
500GB SAMSUNG 970 EVO PLUS M.2, PCIe NVMe (up to 3500MB/R, 3200MB/W)
Power Supply
CORSAIR 650W CV SERIESā„¢ CV-650 POWER SUPPLY
Power Cable
1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor Cooling
Corsair H60 2018 Hydro Series High Performance CPU Cooler
CASE FANS 3x Corsair LL120 RGB LED Fan + Controller Kit
Thermal Paste
STANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING
LED Lighting
2x 50cm Blue LED Strip
Sound Card
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Network Card
10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT
Wireless Network Card
WIRELESS INTELĀ® Wi-Fi 6 AX200 2,400Mbps/5GHz, 300Mbps/2.4GHz PCI-E CARD + BT 5.0
USB/Thunderbolt Options
MIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS
Operating System
Windows 10 Home 64 Bit - inc. Single Licence [KUK-00001]
Operating System Language
United Kingdom - English Language
Windows Recovery Media
Windows 10 Multi-Language

I'm a newbie so any suggestions would be great. My aim is to hit 60fps stable 1440p at ultra with rtx if I'm lucky. Now I know my gpu could be better but overall will I get what I want and keep my head above consoles?

C836

I donā€™t normally post here, but I will this time since no one else has.
The 5ā€” series amd processors are far better than the 3ā€”ones, so Iā€™d change that - perhaps the 5600x if itā€™s only for gaming?
You would get away with popping the motherboard down to the tuf b550 if your doing an r5 5600x but up to you
For your storage Iā€™d go for a Samsung 980 500gb for os/ some programs only.
Then a cheaper 1tb intel/ pcs one for other things like games, and then a HDD for files
Psu, you want a high one for upgrades in the future. Gpus are getting more and more power hungry and currently yours will not support Better ones. If you have the budget, Iā€™d go for a rm or rmx 850. If that is to much a TMX 750 will still give you more headroom
The cpu cooler is an old model. If youā€™re going for a Corsair one the capellix are the best. For a 5600x cpu though it wonā€™t need a fancy one, the coolermaster 240 aio will be sufficient
Rgb strips- do you not want an rgb one instead of blue so that you can change the colour of it with software?
Warranty- if itā€™s not already pop it up to silver
As for the 3060ti itā€™s more of a high end 1080p gpu, so it will begin to struggle at high settings @ 1440. Others will be able to advise further though, itā€™ll still be playable Iā€™d say but, at 1440p I donā€™t think youā€™ll hit 60fps on ultra settings

Omashakey

I'm kind of at a point where additional hardware is abit of a no go. I also want to do some basic music production with fl studio I know I hit the requirements with what I have. If I was to downgrade that ryzen cpu to the one you said will I lose significant performance? I've seen benchmarks with the same build I have hitting around 60fps + at ultra 1440p in a few games o don't expect to be playing the new stalker like that but do u think with a few optimisations I can get away with it? I don't mind being alil behind the curve of technology I just want to have a smooth experience and be able to do alil bit if music. I also understand that 32gb ram would be far better for using vst and plugins on fl studio but I'm not making super advanced projects. If I stick will I be sad in a years time?

C836

The Ryzen cpu I suggested is actually better as itā€™s newer! The only ā€˜downgradeā€™ with it would be the cores but for gaming and music itā€™ll be enough. Music production isnā€™t my strong point so Iā€™ll let others assist. But the tuf x570 is better I believe as itā€™s higher quality components

Omashakey

Sorry for the questions but the 5600x isn't listed for window's 11 support but 5600 and the 3700x is. I want to be ok for windows 11

Omashakey

I'm trying to save money with my build and was wondering if its worth getting the evo over the intel. I also been considering 650w gold 80+ instead of the 750w since my build apprently puts out 404w I believe with 20% head room(something like that) I also took out an rgb strip seeing it as non essential since my cooler and 3x fans and ram have more than enough disco lights. Is this a good idea??

Omashakey

It would be easier to advise if you post the whole build, let us know what its being used for, with what monitor and budget
FRACTAL MESHIFY C BLACK GAMING CASE (Window)

AMD Ryzen 5 5600x

Asus rog strix b450f gaming 2

16gb corsair vengeance rgb ram 2x8 3200

Gigabyte 3060ti 8gb

2tb seagate barracuda

970 evo plus 500gb

750w txm 80+ gold

Corsair elite capellix 100i elite

3x Corsair LL120 rgb

This is the current build with no changes thanks in advance for having a gander for me

Omashakey

It would be easier to advise if you post the whole build, let us know what its being used for, with what monitor and budget
No monitor for now using my qled till I can afford alil more. Budget can be adjusted currently accordingly but I'm looking to save as much as possible while keeping my performance intact

Omashakey

I did this but for what ever reason it never updates my amendments so the specs I get are outdated and not accurate

Omashakey

My phone is being silly litterly keeps pasting an old copy n paste. I thought the information I provided would suffice really the only specs missing is the wireless card and the os. Just wanted a simple answer yes or no really but if it can't be done without the additional information then fair enough thanks for the time I guess.