cant get windows to start

Kmce

I bought a computer from here in May, this is the second time ive had a major problem with it. This time i cannot get windows to start, it brings up the loading screen then just stays like that, i think when i turned the computer on it done a windows update (I wasnt paying much attention so im not completely sure) does anyone have some pointers that may help my problem.

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
If you can get it to boot to your OS disk,try "recovering windows"instructions are given in the welcome booklet,first try a system restore,if no joy try running startup repair,failing that you might need to do a clean install.
Alternatively if youcan start In safemode type msconfig in the Start Search box and then press ENTER.
On the General tab, click Selective Startup.
On the startup tab disable all.
Click the Services tab, click to select the Hide All Microsoft Services check box, and then click Disable All.
Click apply/OK.then restart.
if pc boots ok you need to isolate the problem startup item selectively,
for example enable the top half of start up items,if computer doesn't start normally you know one of the enabled startup items is the problem and so on.

you could also try last known good configuration (same menu as safemode)but first try to isolate the startup problem.

Last edited: