Catalyst Control Centre Saying Graphics card Disabled

Fawkon

Got back an RMA'd laptop today, one of the graphics cards was not working. Got it back with a replacement (£400 worth) everything seemed to be fine ran some benchmaks etc all good.

Decide I'm going to reinstall windows and drivers etc. just to get a fresh start. Re install everything, go into Catalyst control centre after updating to latest AMD Beta drivers, no option for Crossfire, weird, have a look around and see that under CCC my second card is shown as a disabled adapter... Weird again, checked my device manager, used MSI Afterburner, everything seems to be detecting the Second card with no problems. I think maybe it's the beta drivers and decide to Reinstall windows again and the 13.12 WHQL signed drivers... Same issue again!

Check the photo's for exactly what I am seeing. Sick and tired of trying to deal with the lads on the phone or by Email at this stage, I paid for a new battery and had an RMA'd hard drive under warranty that were not even sent to me, had to ring them and ask them about it right after receiving laptop told me they would figure out what happened re: the hard drive and ring me back. Never did. Anyway I've trawled through google and cannot find a solution. Can anyone help? Please don't say contact PCs as I'm really just fed up with these guys now after all the crap I've had to put up with since buying this machine off them and I'm not waiting around 3 days for an email response.

Thanks

sd.pngUntitled.pngdsfsf.jpg

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
Is there an option to enable the card when you right click on it in device manager.

Fawkon

Tried 4 different drivers at this stage. The one I'm on now was the latest Certified Driver from AMD...

mantadog

Superhero Level Poster
So everything else can see it but not the catalyst control software?

Very odd indeed... Looks like a driver issue but computers don't always mess up in the way the symptoms suggest. Are you doing clean installations of the drivers, I guess that a reinstallation of the OS is about the cleanest installation you can get so that's probably a stupid question...

After a bit of google work it seems a few people have been having this issue recently. Seems to have started about the beginning of last month with people now saying its fixed in 14.2 which im presuming is the latest driver you tried. Some people saying older drivers have worked for them, have you got a disk with drivers on it? try those as it certainly looks like an issue on the latest versions of drivers. For what its worth here is the link to the discussion. http://forums.amd.com/game/messagev...=171407&STARTPAGE=1&FTVAR_FORUMVIEWTMP=Linear

Fawkon

All sorted thanks to Matthew in PCs, reverted back to original drivers supplied with laptop (12.4), not an ideal solution considering there have been many new drivers since but at least crossfire is working. Battery and new hard drive on their way aswell, thanks to Matt again.

mantadog

Superhero Level Poster
Yeah I suspected the original drivers might do it, going by that the people were saying in the above link it looked like an issues with many of the latest drivers.

Glad its all sorted for you anyway. Hope we don't have to see you again (in the nicest possible way) and everything goes smoothly from now on. Finger crossed you get to enjoy your rig.