CD copying

Roy03

I ordered my new pc and it has been built/awaiting testing. Does it come with any CD/DVD copying software
Many thanks
Roy03

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
If will come supplied with CD/DVD copying software, although the exact software does vary from time to time.

At the moment we have Nero in stock, and this is the most popular software.

Roy03

Many thanks for both your quick replies, and PCS, can you hurry up and ship my PC, as swmbo is getting fed up
cheers
Roy

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
Many thanks for both your quick replies, and PCS, can you hurry up and ship my PC, as swmbo is getting fed up
cheers
Roy

We will dispatch it as soon as possible. All orders are processed in turn, unless a fast-track service is ordered, in which case you will jump the queue. :)

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
Cant see you getting nero in any form worth having for free.Down load IMGburn,its as good as nero & it's free.

JSG10

Expert
The one I got was Nero 9 Essentials and its well worth having and PCS kindly give you it for free. Or as they say whatever they have available.

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
Nero 9 essentials a stripped down version,which is free anywhere, only basic features like data burning and disc copying features for CDs and DVDs are available. To get additional features and functionality you'll need upgrade to Nero 9 full version for about £35, IMGburn has almost all of the features of the full version of nero9 for free

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
It only supports data burning.ImgBurn supports a wide range of image file formats - including BIN, CCD, CDI, CUE, DI, DVD, GI, IMG, ISO, MDS, NRG and PDI.
It can burn Audio CD's from any file type supported via DirectShow / ACM - including APE, FLAC, M4A, MP3, MP4, MPC, OGG, PCM, WAV, WMA and WV.
You can use it to build DVD Video discs (from a VIDEO_TS folder), HD DVD Video discs (from a HVDVD_TS folder) and Blu-ray Video discs (from a BDAV / BDMV folder) with ease.
It supports Unicode folder/file names, so you shouldn't run in to any problems if you're using an international character set.
ImgBurn supports all the Microsoft Windows OS's - Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows Me, Windows NT4, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows 2003, Windows Vista, Windows 2008 and Windows 7 (including all the 64-bit versions). If you use Wine, it should also run on Linux and other x86-based Unixes.

JSG10

Expert
... have you actually used it? Because I've been using since I got it and I've burnt mp3 jukebox and normal audio cds and a couple of DVDs too so I don't know what you're talking about.

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
... have you actually used it? Because I've been using since I got it and I've burnt mp3 jukebox and normal audio cds and a couple of DVDs too so I don't know what you're talking about.
I have used nero9 essentials & found it could do very little of what i wanted to do compared with imgburn,i felt it was just a teaser to buy the full version,but hey,i dont want to fall out with you, if your happy with it fair play to you.

Gorman

Author Level
Nero is great for the home user who just wants the basics and imgburn is one of many suites availiable for those who want a few more options, both valid points.