Christmas Delivery query

calvej6

Hey,

I've been lurking in the forums for the last month, and read multiple things about Christmas delivery. I know a lot of people on here who ordered before the guaranteed christmas delivery cut off wont get their machines because they had components that needed pre-ordering etc.

My question is, if everything was in stock and none of my components required a pre order at the time of ordering my build (before the cut off date for guaranteed delivery) would I still not be guaranteed my build by Christmas?

Thanks.

Gavras

Master Poster
in your month of lurking, did you read the delivery information page?

There is never really any guaranteed delivery with pretty much every organisation.

a lot depends on exactly when you ordered, what you ordered, if finance or not.

Normally... I would say if you ordered before the cutoff and your parts where in stock, I personally would expect the pc to be delivered.

only PCS really have the answer to that.

however you must also consider there are a large number of orders waiting for things such as RTX 3080 cards and have been waiting since launch day.

who then gets priority, a December order or an October order?

that’s just part of the challenge PCS face.

I would contact them via online chat.

Your question would have been better answered if you had included your current status and dates.

calvej6

Great thanks! I did read the delivery information, but wanted to double check with a couple of people who ordered around a similar time(which I should have mentioned), which has also been answered from Skewball - Thanks! :)

I ordered on the 1st of December so will keep an eye out over the next couple of working days. My order status is pre-production still.

Rakk

The Awesome
There are a few on the Discord channel that ordered around the end of Nov who are getting theirs as well (as long as they don't involve the new GPUs)

I ordered on the 1st of December so will keep an eye out over the next couple of working days. My order status is pre-production still.
Pre-production is basically just the queue to get to be built, once in building its pretty fast.

Gavras

Master Poster
Example - notice the time from build to dispatch.

Processed Date24-07-2020
Pre-Production Date31-07-2020
Build Date17-08-2020
Test Date17-08-2020
Awaiting Dispatch Date18-08-2020
Dispatch Date18-08-2020

calvej6

Example - notice the time from build to dispatch.

Processed Date24-07-2020
Pre-Production Date31-07-2020
Build Date17-08-2020
Test Date17-08-2020
Awaiting Dispatch Date18-08-2020
Dispatch Date18-08-2020
Thanks Gavras - I will update this thread when I go into building :)

PhilGP

Silver Level Poster
Just adding my experience to the list...
1608208341759.png

In all cases, all parts were in stock.

calvej6

so just spoke with PCS, my order is estimated for 21st December, however they informed me the GPU i requested (3060 ti) is no longer available even though I ordered my build within minutes of them coming on to the site and they were available on the site for 2 weeks after my order. They said they have a new estimated shipment of 3060 Ti's expected on the 21st which will mean I would have a dispatch date of 22nd(not sure how true this is)

I'm wondering what happened to all the 3060TI GPU's that came in originally then? will they have been assigned to all the people who downgraded to them from the GPU's that are not in stock as priority? I was assured by live chat last week not to worry as it would only affect the people that purchased the 3060Ti's after they changed to pre-order only. I'm just a little confused.

drewma007

so just spoke with PCS, my order is estimated for 21st December, however they informed me the GPU i requested (3060 ti) is no longer available even though I ordered my build within minutes of them coming on to the site and they were available on the site for 2 weeks after my order. They said they have a new estimated shipment of 3060 Ti's expected on the 21st which will mean I would have a dispatch date of 22nd(not sure how true this is)

I'm wondering what happened to all the 3060TI GPU's that came in originally then? will they have been assigned to all the people who downgraded to them from the GPU's that are not in stock as priority? I was assured by live chat last week not to worry as it would only affect the people that purchased the 3060Ti's after they changed to pre-order only. I'm just a little confused.
Well I was told parts don’t get allocated until very near your build date/time, so who knows how they actually handle it.

calvej6

Well I was told parts don’t get allocated until very near your build date/time, so who knows how they actually handle it.
hmmmm, if this is the case, then my assumption is that they prioritise the people who have had longer waits due to initially selecting a 'preorder' component and then changed to the 3060ti in order to speed up their build.

drewma007

hmmmm, if this is the case, then my assumption is that they prioritise the people who have had longer waits due to initially selecting a 'preorder' component and then changed to the 3060ti in order to speed up their build.
Well we are on the same boat atm, my order date is before you and I switched to the 3060Ti within the 30-45 mins of the 3060Ti launch on PCS (between 2-3pm on the 2nd Dec).

Also switched to the 5600X when the stock level still met the number of orders.

Estimated build date has also changed to 21st Dec, next week for now. However I was also told it will be with me by Christmas yesterday. The same situation as you I guess.

I guess we will have to wait until next Monday then we will see if they actually get into building, hopefully “our” parts are still with us.

Fingers crossed to both of us.

calvej6

Well we are on the same boat atm, my order date was before you and I switched to the 3060Ti within the 30-45 mins of the 3060Ti launch on PCS (between 2-3pm on the 2nd Dec).

Also switched to the 5600X when the stock level still met the number of orders.

Estimated build date has also changed to 21st Dec, next week for now. However I was also told it will be with me by Christmas yesterday. The same situation as you I guess.

I guess we will have to wait until next Monday then we will see if they actually get into building.

Fingers crossed to both of us.
ah great! yeah sounds like it could be very similar. Fingers crossed DrewMa007!! :D

drewma007

ah great! yeah sounds like it could be very similar. Fingers crossed DrewMa007!! :D
The problem is that it seems we keep getting contradicting informations, and we can’t really verify what’s true and what’s not.

My order date is like 2 weeks earlier than yours, it was made around mid-late November. So if they prioritised earlier order, mine would have gotten built already, since my initial build date was actually on the 11th, Dec, it just keeps getting pushed to a later dates for some reasons.

We can only hope what we were told about our dispatch dates were true, but we have no way to find out if it’s going to happen until Monday, since asking anyone will only get you a wild estimate.

It may sounds pessimistic, but I already have my hope down, so I will likely to get less disappointed by any further delays. Well it will eventually come when they decide it’s time to build my order.

PhilGP

Silver Level Poster
It is normal to build, test and await dispatch on the same day?
I think it is ok. And I suspect the status updates may not be in real time. Just when somebody has time to catch up with paperwork and update their system. My first PCS PC (back in 2011) went from building, test, QC, dispatch within a few hours. I chased PCS support on this and they assured me that a full test had been done.

Bhuna50

Author Level
With quite a few going through the processes at the moment to get as many out as they can for Christmas I expect the system updating is the last priority and therefore techs are building, starting the tests off on as many as they can then sitting down and updating a few in one go rather than during each individual one so it won’t be unusual to see it be the same day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk