Christmas Delivery query

szz07570

I believe Calvej6 ordered within the minutes of the 3060Ti released on this site and I changed my order from the 1660 Super to the 3060 Ti within the first hour of release too.

We aren’t sure how exactly PCS operates with stocks, especially with these pre-order items.

Best way to find out is just to wait it out and see if you get sent an email that some parts are out of stocks and asked you to change things to speed up the build.
Yes but when ordered is available not preorder yet

drewma007

Ordered on 7 december i dont want to change i think need to wait on January?
I ordered mine on the 19th Nov, and it only went into building last Friday.

If you ordered it when stock was still available, then you may already gotten assigned one for your build, but I’m not 100% certain with how they operate.

You are likely to get it after January thou because they are very very busy atm. My original built date was on the 11th Dec, and got pushed to last Friday.

szz07570

I ordered mine on the 19th Nov, and it only went into building last Friday.

If you ordered it when stock was still available, then you may already gotten assigned one for your build, but I’m not 100% certain with how they operate.

You are likely to get it after January thou because they are very very busy atm. My original built date was on the 11th Dec, and got pushed to last Friday.
I am called they told me they think for the first week on January but rtx 3060 ti for me is good

drewma007

Yes but when ordered is available not preorder yet
They MAY prioritise build with earlier build dates that wanted to change to a 3060 Ti to speed things up if their cards are actually out of stock at the moment.

This is only speculation thou, I don’t work for PCS. 😂

szz07570

They MAY prioritise build with earlier build dates that wanted to change to a 3060 Ti to speed things up if their cards are actually out of stock at the moment.

This is only speculation thou, I don’t work for PCS. 😂
I hope change i am in preproduction

skewball

Silver Level Poster
I

I have been tracking two orders, both for friends, one that was under my account. Both were ordered when everything was in stock (no 30 series GPU's or 5xxx CPU's) and before xmas delivery deadline. Both of them had components that were later out of stock (when they went into build) . One went through fine with no changes needed but one didn't and changes were needed to keep xmas delivery (sadly my friend couldn't make the changes as the change would cost £100)

The upshot is what we knew already - that efforts are made to allocate stock when ordered but it is no guarantee because it is based on their 'expectation' as to what will be in stock when yours is built. I had a chat with PCS about this as well.

I had an interesting chat about this with the friend involved, who has no interest or info about the issues PCS/global suppliers have faced (along with other suppliers), but, in his view, just looking from the outside as a normal consumer, he does not think it is right that stock is not allocated to your order at the point of order. He feels that as they take the money at that point and do not make it very clear (hidden away in T&Cs is not really cutting it for him) that there approach is not correct. When you actually talk this through it is very hard to argue with this to be honest.

Personally I think this JIT approach that PCS (and I'm sure all the others) works 99% of the time fine so it's not been a major issue. But at the moment it is falling down for everyone.

But whatever we think personally, and I am on the fence, it is not unreasonable to be of the opinion that they can/should allocate your stock on order and that's it - it is yours whatever happens in the couple of weeks after you order before it's built.

The addendum to his story is that funnily enough he then made a TrustPilot review. Got contacted by PCS and they might be able to build his order... (this was over the weekend) ... !

szz07570

I

I have been tracking two orders, both for friends, one that was under my account. Both were ordered when everything was in stock (no 30 series GPU's or 5xxx CPU's) and before xmas delivery deadline. Both of them had components that were later out of stock (when they went into build) . One went through fine with no changes needed but one didn't and changes were needed to keep xmas delivery (sadly my friend couldn't make the changes as the change would cost £100)

The upshot is what we knew already - that efforts are made to allocate stock when ordered but it is no guarantee because it is based on their 'expectation' as to what will be in stock when yours is built. I had a chat with PCS about this as well.

I had an interesting chat about this with the friend involved, who has no interest or info about the issues PCS/global suppliers have faced (along with other suppliers), but, in his view, just looking from the outside as a normal consumer, he does not think it is right that stock is not allocated to your order at the point of order. He feels that as they take the money at that point and do not make it very clear (hidden away in T&Cs is not really cutting it for him) that there approach is not correct. When you actually talk this through it is very hard to argue with this to be honest.

Personally I think this JIT approach that PCS (and I'm sure all the others) works 99% of the time fine so it's not been a major issue. But at the moment it is falling down for everyone.

But whatever we think personally, and I am on the fence, it is not unreasonable to be of the opinion that they can/should allocate your stock on order and that's it - it is yours whatever happens in the couple of weeks after you order before it's built.

The addendum to his story is that funnily enough he then made a TrustPilot review. Got contacted by PCS and they might be able to build his order... (this was over the weekend) ... !
I am ordered rtx 3060ti is all available and i am called pcs and told me the gpu is in preorder but i am ordered when available but for now i am wait the status is preproduction

skewball

Silver Level Poster
I am ordered rtx 3060ti is all available and i am called pcs and told me the gpu is in preorder but i am ordered when available but for now i am wait the status is preproduction
It is tricky, especially when new products are released. If PCS don't show it as available on the day it is launched because they don't have the stock for another 3 days, then they will lose literally thousands of orders..... They cover this by usually saying it is on pre order, but I am not sure they did this with the 3060ti like they did with the 3070/80/90.

szz07570

It is tricky, especially when new products are released. If PCS don't show it as available on the day it is launched because they don't have the stock for another 3 days, then they will lose literally thousands of orders..... They cover this by usually saying it is on pre order, but I am not sure they did this with the 3060ti like they did with the 3070/80/90.
Yes is in preorder also the rtx 3060ti but when i am order is available at the moment i dont know now when the pc is in build because they not told me yet with email any date build

calvej6

@drewma007 Mine still in testing, probably dispatch tomorow and recieve wedensday? was hoping to get it tomorrow, but not likley ha. Has yours been dispatched?

drewma007

fingers crossed! Is it next day delivery for you?
tracking hasn’t gotten updated yet, need to wait for DPD to update their courier infos which hopefully will happen later today.

I’d assume it’s next day for now, unless DPD is too busy to deliver it tomorrow.

roymax

I ordered my system on the 2/12/20, I had 2 items which were pre-order which was the 3060ti and the Ryzen 5 5600X processor, it shipped today and is showing to be delivered tomorrow, I have the tracking info from DPD which shows its been scanned in Leeds.

When I ordered I had in my mind I would probably get it January some time, so delighted to get it before xmas, hopefully others will get the same speedy delivery.

aistoooooo

Just putting this out there to the people that may have been waiting (like me) for their new machines to arrive, I ordered on the 4th December with a 3060ti, admittedly not with a AMD 5 series CPU but mine went into build, test and despatch on Sunday (20th Dec) and I'm currently on 11 working days and have just had notification that its going to be out for delivery tomorrow. Good luck to all and Merry Christmas to all :)

szz07570

Just putting this out there to the people that may have been waiting (like me) for their new machines to arrive, I ordered on the 4th December with a 3060ti, admittedly not with a AMD 5 series CPU but mine went into build, test and despatch on Sunday (20th Dec) and I'm currently on 11 working days and have just had notification that its going to be out for delivery tomorrow. Good luck to all and Merry Christmas to all :)
i hope also for me the status is preproduction but i am ordered 7 december when available i hope go in build status

drewma007

i hope also for me the status is preproduction but i am ordered 7 december when available i hope go in build status
Build status is the most important in my opinion, it is the moment when you will actually know if all parts for your build are in stock.

wish you the best of luck!

szz07570

Build status is the most important in my opinion, it is the moment when you will actually know if all parts for your build are in stock.

wish you the best of luck!
ok perfect i am wait but when is building so my pc is builded and ready to test and dispatch? but for now the status i am told before is in preproduction

drewma007

ok perfect i am wait but when is building so my pc is builded and ready to test and dispatch? but for now the status i am told before is in preproduction
Pre-production means you are in the queue waiting for them to build your order.

it will change to “In Building” when they build it, and testing/QC shouldnt take too long. (within 1-3 days) if nothing goes wrong.

After that they pack your order for dispatch.